Skoda Fabia - Do any VW 1.6 TDI engines come without a DPF? - Blakes_7

Hello,

Do any of the VW 1.6 TDI CAYA (75BHP) or CAYB (90BHP) engines come *without* a DPF as standard? I may need to replace my trusty 2008 Skoda Fabia 1.4Tdi (BNV version = no DPF) nicely run in after a faultless 165,000 miles. But I do not want a DPF. If I cannot find a 1.6 TDI without a DPF then I guess I will just stick with my trusty Fabia.

Skoda Fabia - Do any VW 1.6 TDI engines come without a DPF? - Collos25

I thought all diesels had some type of DPF fitted now to comply with the EU emission regs.

Skoda Fabia - Do any VW 1.6 TDI engines come without a DPF? - skidpan

All diesels registered after 01.01.2011 had to be fitted with a DPF, this coincided with Euro 5 becoming the emisions standard.

Prior to that date many Euro 4 diesels did not have them fitted unless they would not pass the tests without one. Don't know about VW group engines but the 1.6 CRDi fitted to Hyundai i30 and Kia Ceed prior to Euro 5 did not have them, plenty of 59 and earlier plate cars available at very good prices

But why are you panicking, the problems with DPF's is nothing like as serious as some will have you believe. Been running one DPF car for 5 years now doing 7500 miles a year with no issues.

Skoda Fabia - Do any VW 1.6 TDI engines come without a DPF? - Blakes_7

Hello and thanks. You have confirmed what I thought. FYI I do not want a DPF because my next car will be used for a lot of stop-start driving from cold.

Skoda Fabia - Do any VW 1.6 TDI engines come without a DPF? - Collos25

Not a problem ,

Skoda Fabia - Do any VW 1.6 TDI engines come without a DPF? - mark999

IIRC the way to tell if a VAG engine has a DPF is the 3 letters at the beginning of the engine code. Try looking on a VAG forum for the codes

Mark