Miller Diesel Oil XFE-PD - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I went to my local Miller agent to ask about the new VW specification oil XFE-PD.
They did not have it in stock and thought that it was not actually available as yet.
Anyone actually bought this stuff and how much did it cost?
Miller Diesel Oil XFE-PD - sakram10
Hi,

I bought a couple of 5ltr containers for my VW GT TDI (150bhp) a couple of weeks ago and carried out an oil change. Seems fine even though you hear scare mongering stories of why you should only use a Castrol Lubricant in your VW from certain quarters!! I must admit i did have to ring around to get hold of it, but luckily the guy was only 5 miles away. It cost me £19.95.

Shakeel
Miller Diesel Oil XFE-PD - M.M
Local shop...£18-95.

MM
Miller Diesel Oil XFE-PD - guss
I bought some last month for my golf gt tdi pd from millers depot in glasgow 19-95 for a 5L tub. So far so good. This is approved to vw spec 505 01 and is the same as any vw dealer will sell you only they will charge you 38-00 for the privelege.My father uses same in his passat 115pd tdi and seems very pleased so far also.
Miller Diesel Oil XFE-PD - davo
Apart from being good practice in the past, is their any real evidence that these changes are neccessary nowadays with modern oils? Just curious.
Miller Diesel Oil XFE-PD - oldtoffee
I've been using it for oil (and filter) changes mid way between the last three 10K service intervals. Now my Passat 115 TDi PD is out of VW warranty, I'll be using it "full time". Looks like I paid well over the odds though - £24 for 5 litres.
Miller Diesel Oil XFE-PD - sakram10
Hi,

I use Miller XFE-PD every 5k in between VW servicing on my Golf 150bhp TDI. Haven't encountered any problems yet or don't really expect to. I've been to some forums where Millers is slated by, in my opinion, people who have been taken in by VW. Why pay twice the money for the oil when XFE-PD meets the VW 505.01 spec.

Out of curiosity does any body have a break down of what the VW 505.01 is?

Sakram10
Miller Diesel Oil XFE-PD - DGW
Miller XFE-PD is fine for modern VW diesel engines on fixed service intervals, but not for those on variable service intervals. The latter need oil to spec VW 506 00 or 506 01, depending on engine type (ie non-PD or PD).
Glad to hear that this stuff is actually available in the shops.
My local Millers agent in North Derbyshire seems to doubt my sanity when I ask for it.
I'll persist in asking.
Local agent has just got a supply in. £25 for 5 litres.
Cheaper than the official VW Audi stuff at £7 plus a litre.
I'm dissapointed to find out that it is only semi-synthetic at that price. I'm only using it for topping between services , a couple of litres in 10,000 miles seems to be typical for both the PD engined VWs I've owned.
Just what is so special about VW spec 505.01?
Miller Diesel Oil XFE-PD - Quinny
Millers have a web site, www.millersoils.co.uk.

I have spoke to them in the past about racing oils and they have been very helpful.If you access their site,you can leave a question for the technical dept,and they get back to you.You can also buy oil direct,although you have to buy certain quantities to make it worth while buying it fron them any cheaper,unless a group of you get together.