Nissa Primera - 53 plate 2litre petrol. - Timing Chain - mrwantinfo

Hi

I keep getting (roughly about once a month or so) the following management light code:

p0335 powertrain: CKP Sensor A Circuit Performance - Also seems to stall when slowing down at lights or junctions occasionally - been told its the Timing Chain / Crank Sensor.

Any idea if that is def the problem? if so how much roughly for repairs? (been told its quite a big job!)

Thanks

Nissa Primera - 53 plate 2litre petrol. - Timing Chain - Collos25

Is it noisy ?

Some of the Nissan petrol engines have two timing chains and is quite expensive to change them ,if its not noisy I would plum for replacing the sensor first and see if that cures the problem.

We have a Nissan Primera year 2000 in the family and it has two chains but I am not sure of the size they made three engines for the car 1.6,1.8 and 2.0.Why not ask on the Primera forum someone with some knowledge of the engine will have the answer at their fingertips.

Its the diesel that has two chains in fact it has three so my son tells me and is very expensive for the parts as yours is a petrol the complete kit cost around 140ukp and about 5 hours to fit so I am told.

Edited by Collos25 on 29/01/2013 at 16:20

Hi

No its not noisey at all and when i take the orange managment light off it recalibrates itself and everything is fine for a while - except when it cuts out occassionally! - where can i get more info on this forum?

Thanks

Just type in Nissan Primera forum on your google search engine it sounds as though its just the sensor fingers crossed.

Try this www.npoc.co.uk/forum/

Ok thanks - but does that attribute to the engine cutting out ?

I've been roughly quoted £700.00 to do the Timing Chain if it is!

A faulty crank sensor would give these symptons it is no an uncommon fault BWMs suffer badly from crank shaft sensor problems its just a sensor fault happens to all makes of cars some worse than others.They normally work through giving out a magnetic pulse the face becomes dirty or the electronics inside it begin to break down.

I am not up on UK labour rates but there is 20% vat I believe so 700ukps is about right probably a bit on the top side.

Edited by Collos25 on 29/01/2013 at 16:53

I had a look on the Primera forum the conclusion seems to be the MAF sensor www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p11144-stallin...l,

Nissa Primera - 53 plate 2litre petrol. - Timing Chain - Smileyman

That discussion thread is for the P11, whilst you probably have the P12 (new shape, pre-facelift model) car