02 Honda crv - Problem bleeding brakes - melv69
Hi just fitted new rear dusk and pads to my car. Also new n/s rear caliper.
Problem. Cannot get a brake pedal, it's goes to the floor when pressed. Have run at least 3 litres of fluid through it using 2 man bleed. Have tried it with new master cylinder fitted, still same.

Any ideas TIA
02 Honda crv - Problem bleeding brakes - Avant

Moved to Technical.

02 Honda crv - Problem bleeding brakes - Oli rag

If you clamp off the flexi hose to the new caliper, you should then be able to see whether the rest of the system is ok. If you then have a hard pedal, the problem must lie at hte new caliper.

Not sure on these car but does the handbrake work via the rear calipers? If it does, is there not a set up method which needs to be followed?

Edited by Oli rag on 29/12/2012 at 19:39

02 Honda crv - Problem bleeding brakes - gordonbennet

Might do better with a pressure bleeder, however,

When you say two man method, is the assistant holding his marigolded finger lightly over the bleed nipple as a temporary one way valve whilst the brake pumper gives half a dozen smooth presses in quick order, that way usually gets things moving for me.

02 Honda crv - Problem bleeding brakes - Cyd

Have you bled from all four wheels and in the correct order? Or only from the wheel you changed?

02 Honda crv - Problem bleeding brakes - madf

Does the clutch use the same reservoir?

If yes, you should bleed the clutch. There may be air in the clutch line which will affect the brakes.

02 Honda crv - Problem bleeding brakes - Collos25

If you haven´t clamped the hoses before you started and you have air in the ABS system then I think you will need a mechanical device to take out the air out of the system .Have you tried it with the engine running.

02 Honda crv - Problem bleeding brakes - injection doc

If the hose wasnt clamped the ABs unit will need bleeding and this has to be done with a diagnostic tool to put the ABS pump into run mode.

I seem to remember you can bleed the ABS pump with all the wheels rotating and engine running but will be fun trying to do on a drive.