Pug 306 Remote Keys going flat - AgentSmith77
All,

My g/friends remote keys for her 306 will flatten within a week of changing the batteries on both of her keys. anyone heard of this problem? Are main dealers the only choice if we want a replacement?

cheers, Dave.
Pug 306 Remote Keys going flat - Andrew-T
If both plips are 'going flat' it looks as though the problem is in the car. If the car transponder is continually sending, how do the plips respond?
Pug 306 Remote Keys going flat - Dynamic Dave
IIRC, the remote for Pugs sends an infra-red signal as opposed to a radio signal.
To test any infra-red devices place next to a radio turned to MW. You should hear a series of blips or beeps coming from the speaker of the radio when you activate the infra-red device. This will test the remote to see if it's permanently transmitting a signal or not.
It's one of the infra red variety, so I will check it out. Think the radio type arrived the following year, a friend had a 2000w one and that was radio based.
It's one of the infra red variety, so I will check it out. Think the radio type arrived the following year, a friend had a 2000w one and that was radio based.

thanks for the reply - i'll check back.