kawasaki zzr 600 - fuel gauge not working - messa

Hi all does any know anything about motor bikes on here ive tried looking round the net but cant find anything ive just purchaced a kawasaki zzr 600 1996 and the fuel gauge isnt working can any body give me some imformation on were to start looking or what could be the problam thanks for any imfo it will be gratefully recived thanks again glyn ........

kawasaki zzr 600 - fuel gauge not working - mickyh7

I had a 1989 ZX10 with this problem.

The sender unit,which is bolted to the tank, had so much sealant on,, it stopped the joint getting an earth onto the tank.

Took out unit,cleaned off all of the sealant,resealed with just a smear and everything worked fine.

The lad I bought the bike from said it had never worked !

kawasaki zzr 600 - fuel gauge not working - messa

Thanks for your reply ive noticed a wire under the tank which wasnt connected so ive joined them together but its not workin but that mite be because its low on fuel ive reched down in to the tank with a magnetic rod and pulled the sender up and it worked ok but as i say theres not a lot of fuel in it so im going to fill a gerry can up an put that in and see if that works ok,ive only had the bike a week so i havnt been out on it to put any fuel in it yet because of the weather just out of interest is the float suposed to be floating on top of the fuel or does it sink a bit if you no what i mean cos mine seems to be half in half out the fuel if that doesnt sound daft ha ha thanks again glyn............

kawasaki zzr 600 - fuel gauge not working - mickyh7

I think your OK

Its a bit like a boat - half under and half out of the water !

Sounds like youve found the fault anyway !

Good luck