Audi - Affordable Car to Maintain - GazNicki

Hi all.

Just looking for a little advice. I have nearly always owned a Ford. My first car was a Volvo S40, but since then every car I have had has been a Ford. From Petrol V6s to my current TDCi Diesel.

I work 30 miles away, so rack up about 400+ miles per week - hence the diesel. However my current car just doesn't please me. Being a 2004 Mondeo TDCi I have found it to be another ford that requires financial support - in this case £800 worth of turbo work within just 4 months of ownership.

I am thinking of possibly changing in the near future. The car is a great runner now and the only reason I would swap is based purely on what I want rather than the car being a pig or anything. I am thinking of an Audi Diesel now.

With audi being part of VAG, would the repair costs generally be affordable or are these marked up due to it being an Audi.

Audi - Affordable Car to Maintain - Chris79
I run a 2 year old Audi diesel and I've found running costs toe on a par with other marques. Whilst the car is in warranty I pay 15 pounds per month for my servicing which I think is quite reasonable. Once the car is out of warranty I think the secret is to find a good indepedent garage, although that said the dealers have some fairly reasonable fixed price servicing.

Tyres / brakes and other consumables are the same as for other equivalent sized Cars.

You do need to research which engine you buy however. I believe vag diesels of a certain vintage have problems with injectors and there is the well known abs issue that has blighted cars of a certain age. Both these issues are discussed at length on this forum.

Probably the biggest cost to bear with an Audi is the Initial purchase cost. However drive the deal have some good deals on new cars and this is affecting the resale value of older models.
Audi - Affordable Car to Maintain - Collos25

Your first car was also a Ford Focus under th skin,what did you have done that warranted 800ukp of work.Remember Ford parts are normally the cheapest available and there are plenty of them about I cannot think of a cheaper make to maintain .