any metallic - make new car old - surreyman

I have a new metallic painted vehicle that i want to look old. Everyone seems to want to make them look new except for me.

Is there something , say wax like like ,that I can cover the awful silver metallic with to make it look like it has had 20 years service? I dont want to go to the expense of a respray or ruin it for the next owner

any metallic - make new car old - skidpan

Don't clean it.

any metallic - make new car old - thunderbird

Is the OP having a laugh.

If you don't like the car sell it.

Or leave it unattended in town overnight, the pint will soon look old.

Edited by thunderbird on 11/12/2012 at 09:59

any metallic - make new car old - madf

I'll make it look old.. Spray it with cement dust and leave it. It will look like a shed in 5 minutes and look like that for ever.

any metallic - make new car old - unthrottled

Red oxide metal primer will give you an authentic 'Duel truck' finish. Looks better on a Peterbilt 281 than a Peugeot 307 though...

any metallic - make new car old - madf

An alternative is to use an angle grinder on some old steel piping and angle teh sparks all over the car. Will give the paint a nice pitted rust effect..

any metallic - make new car old - Collos25

It has to be a windup.

any metallic - make new car old - surreyman

This is not a wind up when i posted it i did not think of it being taken like that but of course you are right to think it. IT is though a genuine request. I wish to leave it parked but not draw attention to it. I dont want it damaged but just to look old. The best option seems to be just get it as dirty as possible.

any metallic - make new car old - TeeCee

I dont want it damaged but just to look old.

Put a hat on it? Works for drivers, might for cars.......;-)