Citroen C3 1.4 HDi Desire 2006 - Citroen C3 Anti Pollusion Warning - Imrie
Hello,

My C3 has recently started intermittently displaying the orange engine lamp on the dash and LCD shows "Anti-Pollusion system fault". Usually the error goes away the next day. I've booked it into a Citreon garage who are going to take a look at it. Has anyone experienced this and how much did a repair set you back? The car does have a 12 month Citroen Select used car warranty (it's an 06 reg and I bought it last July) - will this problem be covered in that?

Thank you 

Edited by Imrie on 10/12/2012 at 15:47

Citroen C3 1.4 HDi Desire 2006 - Citroen C3 Anti Pollusion Warning - Collos25

If you have taken it to an official Citroen dealer then they will more than likely fit a new DPF and charge the earth these can be bought for fraction of the price Citroen want.Wether its covered by warranty is debatable but you are covered by the SOGA .

Oh great. Well it's had under 1000 miles put on it since I bought it, so no way will I be paying them hundreds to fix this. Surely they should fix this?
Citroen C3 1.4 HDi Desire 2006 - Citroen C3 Anti Pollusion Warning - Collos25

Like I have said its covered by SOGA you will not have to pay a penny.They might see it differently but if the problem arises stand your ground and tell them the car is covered by the Sales of Goods Act.

Will do thank you.

Citroen C3 1.4 HDi Desire 2006 - Citroen C3 Anti Pollusion Warning - galileo
Oh great. Well it's had under 1000 miles put on it since I bought it, so no way will I be paying them hundreds to fix this. Surely they should fix this?

Under 1000 miles since July? Hardly ideal usage to justify buying a Diesel and more likely to cause your DPF problem.

Under 1000 because from July to October as it sat in my garage because I was away working in another city - still being driven occasionally.

But it's racked up most of 1000 miles only recently.

Edited by Imrie on 10/12/2012 at 20:40

Turned out it was a problem with the ECU software and a software update fixed it from throwing this intermittent error. Although apparently software updates are not included in the warranty...(?) .

I would have thought that it would be, as the driver can't exactly damage or corrupt the ECU software nor would I classify that as 'wear and tear'. Am I wrong?

Citroen C3 1.4 HDi Desire 2006 - Citroen C3 Anti Pollusion Warning - andy815

Citroen polution warning,repair not covered by Citroen Select warranty. I dont think anything else is coverd by Citroen warranty. Or what warranty.