Mazda 6 2.2 diesel (183BHP) (2009) - Replacement engine - paulsalesman

Hi I have had a Mazda 6 sport 2.2 diesel (183bhp) since December 2009 and I have been having heating problems for the last 18 months or so. The car has been into Mazda 3 times (the last time in March) when it had the head gasket replaced under warranty as it was cracked. This fixed the problem for a few months however on the 26 November the engine had a major breakdown and stalled on the motorway slip road.

It was towed to Mazda and it has taken them 2 weeks to discover that there is s hole in the head block of the engine where the original head gasket failed.

The car is just out of warranty (ran out in June) and Mazda are telling me that I need to pay £2300 to replace the engine, they are contributing 55% to the price. To me this seems totally unfair that an Engine will fail after only 55,000 miles is wrong, the garage seem to think it is a manufacturing fault however as it is out of warranty they will not replace at there expense.

Is this normal practice or are Mazda trying it on.

I should have some images of the fault shortly if that would help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

Mazda 6 2.2 diesel (183BHP) (2009) - Replacement engine - Peter.N.

You could go down the 'not of merchantable quality' route or contact your trading standards officer but if the worse comes to the worse I would go for a good secondhand engine.

Mazda 6 2.2 diesel (183BHP) (2009) - Replacement engine - Brit_in_Germany

If the fault existed in March when it was under warranty and was not properly repaired, I would say that even though the warranty is now expired, you have the right to have the repair carried out under the terms of the warranty. This may include you making a contribution based on the age/mileage as you are replacing a three year old engine with a new one.

Mazda 6 2.2 diesel (183BHP) (2009) - Replacement engine - paulsalesman

just out of interest do you know how much a new mazda 6 2.2 litre diesel sport would cost roughly. They are asking me for 40% of the total cost which comes in at £2300 which seems a lot as this would meen the engine plus fitting should cost £5300 does this sound right

Mazda 6 2.2 diesel (183BHP) (2009) - Replacement engine - grj motortrader lincoln uk

mazda diesels are common to blowing up i ve heard of countless stories of injectors leaking people have them replaced then head gaskets going so thats replaced then either the crank throughs its dumys out resulting in self destruction big time ...terrible engines.loads in scrap yards or ebay as non runners with engine faults