peugeot 308cc - peugeot 308cc - tamskinner

have one of these. Timing chain went 3 months out of warranty, with 25 k miles on the car. £1000 repair. Peugeot wouldnt offer a penny in help, and took 2 weeks to reply (over a week over their own deadline for responding to my query). I would never touch another peugeot, ever.

peugeot 308cc - peugeot 308cc - unthrottled

Did you follow their servicing schedule? If so, that is a very surprising attitude.

peugeot 308cc - peugeot 308cc - madf

Peugeot are going bust if the forecasts are anything to go by (sales down a lot and debt up) so can't afford generosity.

Edited by madf on 03/12/2012 at 18:51

peugeot 308cc - peugeot 308cc - elekie&a/c doctor

Timing chain issues are a major problem on these and Minis that use the same engine.Too complicated for their own good.hth

peugeot 308cc - peugeot 308cc - SteveLee

This is a common fault, Peugeot should pay up, there's plenty of evidence of it on the internet, BMW "improvements" to install their valvetronic system managed to turn the reliable TU PSA engine into an exploding liability! It's obviously a design issue because the PSA and BMW engines are manufactured at different plants and yet suffer from the same cam-chain failure issues.

peugeot 308cc - peugeot 308cc - joe9

same here timing chain went 21,500 miles on car peugeot said 5,000 for new engine 308 on 08 ,had to pay £100 for them to look at???we would never touch another peugeot, ever.again(had the car in peugeot 20.9.14 revs up n down )a peugeot man of 12 years said timing chain on way out??£500 bill change oil and filter??chain went 12 december 2014 ??

Edited by joe9 on 13/02/2015 at 22:27

peugeot 308cc - peugeot 308cc - Bianconeri
Is this the THP "Prince" engine rated at 150 Bhp? Awards coming out its ears.

There have been some incidents of timing chain failure but your dealer seems to have been very unhelpful. Trouble is, this is a six / seven year old car and unless you have documented fsh it will be very hard to twist Peugeot's arm.

My view is that this is another case where long oil change intervals don't help at all. I think that a number of cases on MINIs were down to the chain tensioner not getting enough oil. Not saying this is the case here, for all I know you may have changed oil and filters every 3000 miles!

The vociferous minority posting on the various forums will lead some to conclude that all of these engines destroy themselves at low mileages but actually they are great. Sorry, that doesn't really help you, but worth reminding your Peugeot dealer that while this is not common it is far from unknown.