renault grand scenic 1.5dci - unable to select gears on cold morings - missmybeetle

Hey there,

I bought a 2nd hand grand scenic 1.5dci. and it is coming up to it's end of a three month warranty. now that there are cold mornings i am finding it impossible to select a gear (any gear) untill the car has warmed up. and as the car gets warmer the easier it is to change gear.

now i have come from a vw new beetle (2003) and never had any problems like this - ever! so i am wondering if it is the make and model or is there something wrong.

I am going to bring the car back anyway but i wold love to have more information with me so that the garage don't try to fob me off because i am a woman.

oh, and when i test drove the car the guy said he would be replacing the clutch as it is a bit "dull" and he wouldn't be happy with it. so when i collected it that was part of the agreement, a new clutch.

i found it a bit sticky/ clicky at first while going down gears. i brought it back and they greased it and it seemed to be fine.

as i said any advice would be great.

thanksin advance

missmybeetle

renault grand scenic 1.5dci - unable to select gears on cold morings - Peter.N.

Do you mean that the gearlever won't move or that it crunches when you try and put it into gear, will it go into reverse without crunching? It could well be that the clutch is not disengaging properly, if so it will crunch when trying to engage reverse.