Audi A3 Quattro V6 3.2 - What to consider with buying a used A3 Quattro - tottenham61

Am looking at buying a used A3 up to 80k miles around 55 to 57 plate. Was initally looking at a 2 litre for a bit of poke but while looking I have come across a couple of reasonably priced A3 Quattro V6s at about the £5k to £6k mark.

This seems such an amazing price for such a high performance care fully kitted out with sat-nav, full leather, etc.

Such good value is it that it has made me suspicious.

What should I look out for or is there good reason why these cars are so realtively cheap?

I appreciate MPG will be low but i only do arounf 7,000 miles a year so not a huge issue. Figures i have seen quoted are around 28MPG.

If the car has a full service history and looks in good condition, what else can I look for to make sure it hasn't been thrashed?

When should the cambelt be replaced and are there any other major replacemnts to be wary of?

Any reassurance would eb great as on the surface of it, these semm like a really good buy.

Thanks,
Simon

Audi A3 Quattro V6 3.2 - What to consider with buying a used A3 Quattro - Bobbin Threadbare

They might be hard to offload due to the fact that 28mpg is probably a pipedream....or they're Cat D.