Ford C-Max TDCi - Replacing the turbocharger - Jever

Hi,

I have recently been told by the garage that the turbocharger in my C-Max 1.6 TDCi needs to be replaced (at a cost of € 2,400) and I then went on to read some of the woeful expriences of people in a similar situation here:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=91541

I now can't make up my mind whether to invest the repair cost in the car or just scrap it (in good working order it's worth about € 5,000).

Do the repeat replacements come about as a result of using non-Ford repair garages or those that don't follow TSI 46/2008 or am I exposed to similar risks, even though I use a Ford garage that does follow TSI 46/2008?

Given the number of disatisfied customers, has anyone hear had theirs successfully repaired by Ford (or anyone else, come to that)?

Thanks in advance

Jever

Ford C-Max TDCi - Replacing the turbocharger - skidpan

The Focus is the best selling car in the UK and the 1.6 TDCi is the most popular version. Considering how many have been sold you would expect to see some problems, its a simple fact. Most owners never have any issues but those that do get on forums and make the fact well know. We had one for 5 years and never had any issues with the turbo,infact the only part replaced was a cracking alternator belt.

You have just been unlucky, once repaired it will be fine again.