Ford Focus Estate - Reverse parking aid sensors & audible alarm - nipplebleeder

Can anyone tell me where the factory fitted audible alarm for the reverse parking aid is located on a Ford Focus 2005 2 litre Diesel Estate Zetec Climate tcdi. My alarm is not sounding any longer. My reversing light is operating normally. Any information on what could be wrong would be appreciated. I have a Haynes Owners Workshop Manual but it isn't shown on the wiring diagram neither is there reference to it elsewhere in the manual.

Ford Focus Estate - Reverse parking aid sensors & audible alarm - TeeCee

First check that one of the sensors has not become detached inside the rear bumper.

When this happens, the sensor "sees" the inside of the bumper right up aginst its figurative nose as soon as reverse is engaged. Many reversing sensor systems assume that this is an error[1] and disable themselves to avoid filling the car with a continuous, raucous beeping.

[1] Engaging reverse while the back end of the vehicle is already right against a wall not being common practice.

Ford Focus Estate - Reverse parking aid sensors & audible alarm - elekie&a/c doctor

The audible speaker could be behind the glovebox or possibly behind rear load area trim.The fact that it is not working could be a fault with the system,rather than the speaker itself.The audible signal should work when reverse is engaged ,as a self test.hth

Ford Focus Estate - Reverse parking aid sensors & audible alarm - nipplebleeder

Thanks elekie&a/c doctor.

I'll take a look at that over te weekend.