Finds in s/h cars. - mal
Have any of you found unusual things in s/h cars left by previous owners?.
My finds so far have been one gold tooth (which at the moment I can't find as I would like to weigh it in at the jewelers sprapyard).And the other find, after looking to see what was rattling under the handbrake was A 12bore shotgun cartridge.
Remove the back seat and you may get a surprise.
Awaiting your replys and I'm sure some of them might be x rated.
Finds in s/h cars. - Mark (RLBS)
>>I'm sure some of them might be x rated.

They better not be.
Finds in s/h cars. - No Do$h
Not a second hand car, but in a Repo we had just snatched back we found a short heavy length of pipe with one end tightly wrapped in blood-stained cloth....

Needless to say we headed straight for the local police station, for our own protection if nothing else!

No Dosh - but then who has?
Finds in s/h cars. - Jonathan {p}
No stories, but I bet the finds under the back seat of many a police car has kept the new owner 'smiling' for a few days.
Finds in s/h cars. - carayzee
Yeah - I bet they hardly ever have to buy their own drugs.
Finds in s/h cars. - GS
I found an expensive Gents flat cap, fishing weights, some cigars and about £2.00 in small change which in 1980 when I bought the P6 Rover 3500, was enough for a gallon and a half of petrol!
Finds in s/h cars. - Vansboy
a fine selction of 'Adult ' reading material,in most of the ex council vans.Plenty of loose change, in lots of them, goes towards the tea fund!
How about the instruction manual, on how to render the vehicle unusable, in the event of enemy attack.VERY precise,destroy instrument panel inside,remove keys, etc, how far away to be before firing at the fuel tank!!!
Not sure why this was found in a Metro, though!!
Mark
Finds in s/h cars. - Vansboy
Forgot to mention it was ex MOD,Sadam best watch out!!
Mark
Finds in s/h cars. - Citroënian {P}
Not entirely what you're looking for, but I lost the battery cover for my CD player in a garage loan car. Was really quite surprised to find it, in the same loan car some 8 weeks later at the car's next service.

Or maybe it says more about the loan car cleaning policy at our Citroen dealer...

Lee.
Finds in s/h cars. - Harmattan
Allegedly true story I heard a couple of months ago from a retired estate worker who was employed as general handyman on a large local estate by the eccentric owner who made the most of the Sixties and died fairly young and unmarried in the late 1970s. When his fairly distant relatives sold off the stately home they asked the handyman and another estate worker to clear some old sheds and dispose of the contents. In one they found an E-type Jaguar as driven in and left 10-15 years previously. In the boot was a bag containing around £20,000 in used notes. Being honest, they handed it over to the family and received £5 each for their trouble!

PS: The E-type was sold at scrap value!
Finds in s/h cars. - Andrew-T
A selection of small crucifixes and religious paraphernalia behind the dash of a 79V Mini.
Finds in s/h cars. - mal
Were you persuaded to buy it after being told it was only used by the local vicar for doing his rounds in :).
Finds in s/h cars. - mal
:-)(forgot his nose)
Finds in s/h cars. - BrianW
:-)(forgot his nose)

That would be the parson's nose, I presume.
Finds in s/h cars. - Andrew-T
Actually I bought it from a vest-wearing Irishman with a large family of urchins in Liverpool. The car had been registered in RoI and re-registered with a V Liverpool number. When I sold it on it became a company vehicle in the Midlands.
Finds in s/h cars. - Hugo {P}
When I bought my 1968 Morris Oxford in 1997, I found in the glove compartment tote tickets from 1971, made out to the first owner!

H

Not only that, when I bought my Renault Trafic van I was quite amazed to find the Jack and Jack Handle in useable condition!!!:-))