Ford Focus C-max - Want to change my C-max - boristheblade
Hello
I want to change my Focus C-max 1.8 petrol Ghia
Not sure what its worth 54 plate 76k
Why I am changing it ?
I don't require all the space and would like to go down to a saloon or hatch back
Mazda 6 is an attractive proposition 1.8ts
I don't have a huge budget probably the cost of the C-max in part ex
I only do about 8 to 10k a year mileage so I don't think diesel would be beneficial
I would like some suggestions on cars I should be looking at 1500 to 2000k
Is we're I think the c-max sits in current value
Any help please
Ford Focus C-max - Want to change my C-max - Happy Blue!

Not worth changing if you are trying to save money. You may end up with a car that is less reliable that the C-max.

Ford Focus C-max - Want to change my C-max - unthrottled

Mazda 6 is an attractive proposition 1.8ts

In terms of floorpan size, I think the Mazda 6 is probably bigger than the C-max although it will feel smaller inside.

A late model Astra G or a Focus in 1.6 persuasion will provide a slightly smaller, cheap alternative.

Ford Focus C-max - Want to change my C-max - thunderbird

The C-Max is not a big car but for its size it packs a huge amount of usable space. Think its actually shorter than a Focus hatch and a Mazda 6 will almost certainly be about a foot or more longer.

Spending money to get a smaller car internally thats actually bigger externally makes no sense at all.

Ford Focus C-max - Want to change my C-max - Bobbin Threadbare

If you're swapping a 54 plate Ford (value is probably £1500 or possibly even less) for a Mazda 6 then you're just getting a bigger boot space. It's quite a long car. If you're going to be spending £1500-2k on another car, it makes a lot more sense to keep your C-Max until it falls to bits, as you'll just be swapping it for roughly the same age Mazda 6.

Either that or downsize completely - look for a Mazda 2/3 or a Focus/Fiesta......

Ford Focus C-max - Want to change my C-max - thunderbird

If you're swapping a 54 plate Ford (value is probably £1500 or possibly even less) for a Mazda 6 then you're just getting a bigger boot space

Disagree there. The original C-Max boot was 500 litres and since it was a perfect box shape every bit was usable plus there were two usable bins under the rear floor, not big, probably 10 litres each.

The Mazda 6 of there era had a boot 492 litres.

So how is that bigger?

Ford Focus C-max - Want to change my C-max - Bobbin Threadbare

Mazda 6 - 510 litres of bootspace. The newer one is 510. It's a long car, so height wise might not be so big on the older model. My handbook (I have a 2005 1.8 TS hatchback) says 500L boot. I tend to discount height, as usually carrying shelves/pipes/flatpack etc.

Still wouldn't be economical to swap.

Ford Focus C-max - Want to change my C-max - boristheblade

Not to fussed about the space issue as I would like to downsize anyway

2 Adults 1 child and small dog

Just asking about other car alternatives saloons or hatchback in the pricerange of my current C-Max

Are there some cars that i should put on a shortlist to look at the Mazda is one would like some more to add to the list any ideas ??