Vauxhall Astra GTC - Clutch fault at 7,000 miles and warrenty void - ady0504
Hi I brought a new astra gtc back in January and after just 7,500 miles i started to experience clutch noise/slipping. I dropped the car into my local dealer and have now been presented with a quote of £1950 for a replacement clutch and flywheel they are saying was damaged due to misuse. I am a professional driven and there if no way i have caused this, my second vehicle I use for work has 152,000 on and still has original clutch.

Let me know what you think??

Thanks
Vauxhall Astra GTC - Clutch fault at 7,000 miles and warrenty void - gordonbennet

The outlaws had similar experince with a Mazda 3 clutch which died at around 12k, they'd never had a clutch failure before either, put down to abuse and had to pay.

The Mazda is now sold and no they didn't sign up for more of the same treatment.

If you end up paying for this clutch make sure you collect the old parts if you wish to get an independent engineers opinion with a view to some sort of claim action...the outlaws parts were unfortunately binned before anyone not from the dealer could see them...how very (in)convenient.

Have *you* contacted Vauxhalls version of customer service yet, don't rely on the dealer to have your best interests at heart.

Vauxhall Astra GTC - Clutch fault at 7,000 miles and warrenty void - ady0504

Yeah spoke to them a few times over the last few days, They just advised me that the dealer has advised them its wear and tear and they have to stick by that. Bit strange tho as they did say I could maybe try another dealer and they possibly might have a different view. Unfortunatly the dealer its currently at want £500 to release the vehicle!! Vauxhall customer services also said if i can prove any different by an engineers report i could claim back through a small claims court. Really dissapointed as i was always a big fan of Vauxhall's.

Vauxhall Astra GTC - Clutch fault at 7,000 miles and warrenty void - injection doc

Vauxhalls lost the plot a few years back.

I had numerous vauxhalls for 20 years untill very bad experince with a new omega V6 and vectra SRi.

Warranty and dealerships waste of time. so after that voted with my feet and bought another make.

Vauxhall Astra GTC - Clutch fault at 7,000 miles and warrenty void - MikeTorque

How many miles did the GTC have on the clock when you purchased it ? Had it been used for test drives before you received it ? If so then the clutch could have been hammered before you got it. Otherwise suspect a slipping clutch issue which Vauxhall hasn't yet accepted responsibility.

Vauxhall Astra GTC - Clutch fault at 7,000 miles and warrenty void - Gary Goodfellow

I have similar issues with my Astra VXR. My car has had a complete gearbox change after the original was causing alot of noise when driving around a coriner. Looking on the next i can that this is a common issue along with the Clutch problem.

I now have a faulty Flywheel a few months after the new gearbox was fitted. Unfortunately, my cars warranty ran out last month and Vauxhall won't cover the entire cost to fix but will contribute 70% of the £1700 bill.

From reading forums like this, it is quite easy to see that Vauxhall have a common problem with Gearbox, clutch and flywheers on the GTC & VXR models but won't accept responsibility!

Paid 18k for a top of the range VXR model and already it has had a new Gearbox and now needs a new Flywheel.

If anyone is looking to buy a sport hatch, stay away from the Astra GTC/VXR.