Renault Grand Scenic 1.9dci 2006 - DMF - sarah!

Hi, please could someone help me with if the grand scenic 1.9dci 2006 has the DMF?

Its starting to not have power occasionally in 5-6th gear when accelerating away & I think it may be the clutch thats on its way out??

Please does anyone know how much I will be looking to pay to have it fixed? Gulp!

Thanks in advance for any help and advice

Sarah

Renault Grand Scenic 1.9dci 2006 - DMF - Fernando P

If the engine continues to increase revs when you accelerate in 5-6th gears but does not pull away in accordance with the extra power, you may have a clutch slipping problem to deal with. Otherwise, I reckon that you may need to clean out the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve as it could be sooted up, which can affect performance as you describe. I think that the time has come for you to get some practical mechanical help to analyse the problem(s) etc. BTW, how many miles do you think that the engine has done and has it been serviced as it should - ie annually @<9k miles with synthetic 5w/40 (diesel) oil being used?

Hi, Thank you very much for your advice - its been servived by renault as it should (last done in September this year) and has abot 90'000 miles on the clock. The slipping problem is only really occasionally and not all the time and only for a second or two. I have done the pulling away in all gears up to 4th thing to see if its OK and it was fine but really just concerened if I take it back to renault they will say its the clutch anyway just to relieve me of my money!!

Thank you again for your help.

Sarah.

Renault Grand Scenic 1.9dci 2006 - DMF - unthrottled

Its starting to not have power occasionally in 5-6th gear when accelerating away & I think it may be the clutch thats on its way out??

Could be a boost leak between the turbo and the engine-although this usually manifests itself in black smoke.

Thank you for your help - I dont have smoke - don' t know if thats a good or a bad thing!

:-)

Renault Grand Scenic 1.9dci 2006 - DMF - hardway

I have a nice simple clutch test,there are risks.

Pull the handbrake on as hard as you can then in 1st let the clutch up and try and pull away,it should stall,if it doesn't and revs up then the clutch is shot,BUT,this will probably kill what little life is left in the clutch.