Rear rattle ....! Omega + Focus - robert
Hi all,

For some time now I've suffered from a rattle from the rear of my '98 Omega, it only happens @ low/medium speeds over anything other than perfect surfaces. I've spend ages trying to pin the problem down - I won't detail exactly whats been done - you will see my logic shortly. I'd like to solve the problem, but frankly on a 90,000 mile car that is 5 years old I've just learn't to put up with it.

Imagine my shock when this weekend I had a Focus on test drive/demo from Ford. A 3,000 mile Ghia TDCi. I was frankly amazed by the performance of the car, when coupled with the fuel economy & spec - a real little "belter".

Now the shocking bit. It suffers from the exact same TYPE of rattle from the rear as my Omega. Spare wheel bolted down (even tried removing it - made no difference), and everything is where its supposed to be.

These vehicles have as much in common as chalk and cheese - so any ideas welcome.

In anticipation.

Robert

PS - Focus goes back tomorrow so any quick/easy bright ideas will have to be quick

Rear rattle ....! Omega + Focus - Jonathan {p}
I occassionaly get rattles from the rear of my car. It usually happens when the weather is extremely cold. I sourced this as being the sunroof drain pipes, which had either frozen or become extremely stiff due to the cold. They slap against the bodywork causing the rattle type noise.

Loose trim can also cause rattles, esp around the rear seats and boot cover over the wheel. look around the edges for any areas or rub.

Jonathan
Rear rattle ....! Omega + Focus - Dynamic Dave
Is this rattle from inside the car, or from underneath? If the latter, then from experience of my previous Cavalier, it could be the handbrake cable banging on the underside of the fuel tank. If inside, it might be the rear folding seats rattling on their locking pins. If it's an estate, it could be the retractable boot cover.