Choose A4 or Volvo or Lexus or Subaru - kikigood

This is the first time i post in this forum,and i wish everyone could help me to make decsion for choosing which one is worthwhile to buy. SInce i have limted budget(5000-5500 for car only), I have to choose luxury cars for some reasons. Another reason is that i run few mileage per year(around 4000-5000 mile) and will plan to run it for around 3 years, then i decide to choose petrol one. Automatically gear box is must becasue sometimes my wife will use it. I have gatered the following information posted by dealership as follows:

1.(Auto,Petrol)Volvo V50 2006 (06 reg) 2.4i SE 5dr, Mileage:78000, Price:5000

2.(Auto,Petrol) Lexus GS-300 SE-L 2005 (05 reg) ,Mileage:89000,Price:6000

3.(Auto,Petrol) Audi A4 estate 2.0 FSI 2006 (56 reg), Mileage: 88000,Price:5000

4.(Auto,Petrol)Subaru outback 2006(06 reg),MIleage:80000,Price 5700

5. [Optional choose][Diesel,Auto],BMW 320D SE,2005 (05 Reg),Mileage:83000,Price:6000

Becauase of the low mileage i will use, the only concern i have is not sure whether above cars could have significant mechnical flow or any well know major issue on such high millage which will result in expensive repair cost,and then I would like to choose the most reliable ones from above.

I will really appreciate who used those cars before could provide me some hints and suggestions !

Thanks for all !

Choose A4 or Volvo or Lexus or Subaru - madf

The Lexus and Subaru -f properly maintained - should be bullet proof.

The rest are not..

Edited by madf on 09/10/2012 at 16:15

Choose A4 or Volvo or Lexus or Subaru - sandy56

The diesels are all a big risk you would need to take out a warranty to cover for major problems. Be a lot safer with the petol engines as long as they have a full service history.

Choose A4 or Volvo or Lexus or Subaru - unthrottled

you would need to take out a warranty to cover for major problems

The warranty probably wouldn't pay out. I agree that I wouldn't bother with a diesel for an annual mileage of 5000 miles.

you would need to take out a warranty to cover for major problems

The warranty probably wouldn't pay out. I agree that I wouldn't bother with a diesel for an annual mileage of 5000 miles.

Which kind of warranty is worthwhile(better) to seek if needed ? go for independent company like Warrent direct or the dealer itself ?

None.

Buy from a trader and SoGA will give you protection against, faults are, on the balance of probability, pre-existing at the time of sale. But no genuine aftermarket warranty can cover expensive repairs because it would be abused.

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but trying to run a luxury car on a budget is a mug's game. You can just about do it if you're mechanically minded, but if you're thinking about warranties, it'll just be worry and no fun.

None.

Buy from a trader and SoGA will give you protection against, faults are, on the balance of probability, pre-existing at the time of sale. But no genuine aftermarket warranty can cover expensive repairs because it would be abused.

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but trying to run a luxury car on a budget is a mug's game. You can just about do it if you're mechanically minded, but if you're thinking about warranties, it'll just be worry and no fun.

Thanks for your suggestion, unthrottled !

Yes, that's the reason i seek for the one from above which has better reliability and has less possibility having expensive repair.

Do you have any suggestion for one of them ?

Choose A4 or Volvo or Lexus or Subaru - Happy Blue!

Friend of mine has a 2004 Outback 3.0R with over 140,000 miles and no breakdowns of any description. I had a 2005 Outback 3.0Rn in which I covered about 30,000 miles in three years and the only defect was very minor.

Strongly recommend the Outback.

I am consdiering whether I could choose the Approved Car from the original manufacturer dealer and seek the finance in those places. For example, i can seek for the loan about 2500-3000 and plus my deposit 5500.

Then i can get a reliable car and also pay a small mount for that.By doing that, Maybe the possbility of occuring serious fault is low under such circumstance.

Is it worthwhile to do that ?

Choose A4 or Volvo or Lexus or Subaru - Happy Blue!

Why? Reliable Subarus are reliable; buying a newer car may improve things a little, but you will still not have any real warranty for the newer car.

A high spec Accord or Avensis will provide you with all the comfort of any of your above choices for much less outlay and lower running costs. Good Aisan autos (proper ones) and well-regarded reliability.

Boring?

Not nearly as boring as loans, worthless but-not-cheap warranties and worry.