Omega MPG - vercin
Hi

Have just borrowed new 2.2 Omega auto. Accelerated hard.

Driver info display read 999.9mpg.

Now that must make it a class leader in fuel economy! Anybody else had intersting readouts?

regards

Vercin
Omega MPG - Crombster
Strange though, Accelerate hard on the Omega the mpg on the comp drops to around 6mpg (V6), coast with your foot off the accelerator and then it will read 999.9mpg.

Seems to be the wrong way round!!

Omega MPG - Martin Devon
Dear Vercin,

Your profile states that your are a "Risk Manager". What does that mean and do you work for yourself?

Regards.
Omega MPG - Dave_TD
On a trailing throttle any Skoda/VW diesel will show "---.- mpg" as the ECU cuts all fuel during deceleration! Infinity miles per gallon...? :-)
Omega MPG - SpamCan61 {P}
The Omega also cuts fuel as soon as you stop accelerating; so will read 999.99. It's a feature..
Omega MPG - Arfur
Shows you why Instantaneous Fuel economy is meaningless. See if you can change the computer to show average fuel economy and the results will be more meaningful.
Omega MPG - Dynamic Dave
Shows you why Instantaneous Fuel economy is meaningless.

??? I find mine very handy. The higher the reading, the better mpg I'm getting. It's the mondern day equivalent of a vacuum gauge.
Omega MPG - vercin
Dear All,

Crombster, you are right, its when I take my foot off the gas the read goes loony. I sit corrected.

Thx SpamCan, useful info.

Martin, I work for a bank, not myself. Risk is currently a trendy area. It has a whole host of definitions in the City but basically means looking for potential and actual problems, assessing the likelihood and probability of the problem occuring, assessing the impact on the business and then how to avoid it, reduce it or survive it.

Arfur, I agree with you.

Cheers

Vercin

ps I've been driving the Omega again today and I just dont like it. IMHO the ride handling & the autobox all unsettle me. Still it looks OK.

V
Omega MPG - vercin
Dear All,

Crombster, you are right, its when I take my foot off the gas the read goes loony. I sit corrected.

Thx SpamCan, useful info.

Martin, I work for a bank, not myself. Risk is currently a trendy area. It has a whole host of definitions in the City but basically means looking for potential and actual problems, assessing the likelihood and probability of the problem occuring, assessing the impact on the business and then how to avoid it, reduce it or survive it.

Arfur, I agree with you.

Cheers

Vercin

ps I've been driving the Omega again today and I just dont like it. IMHO the ride handling & the autobox all unsettle me. Still it looks OK.

V