Nissan Note - Note 1.5 Diesel - am I asking for trouble? - Ian71

Hello,

I've been looking to buy a replacement car and the Nissan Note appears to be well regarded and has generally pretty good overall feedback. Originally, I was considering the 1.4 petrol but not sure how well this would cope when fully loaded. So, thought turned to diesel - I do enough mileage (and it is out of town stuff too) to warrant one, but have been put off a bit by the reliability issues that seem to plague modern diesels.

From looking on this forum and elsewhere, there appears to be very little wrong with the 1.5 dci Renault engine the note uses. I'll be looking at a post 2009 car, and have found that there may be problems with the earlier versions. I've found a good 2009 version with around 30k on it, and would look to keep the car for the long term. I'll be doing around 25k per annum.

So, am I asking for trouble by going diesel or should I stick to petrol for the best long term proposition? Thank you in advance.....

Nissan Note - Note 1.5 Diesel - am I asking for trouble? - daveyK_UK
If you must go diesel, you have chosen one of the better ones although the 1.5 is not as bomb proof as people think.
You will still get DMF problems with the 1.5 and it will need a belt change.

The 1.4 may not be the most powerful, but it is ultra reliable and has the added advantage of being a chain cam.

Its an under-rated car the nissan note; the top spec n-tec models have lots of kit as standard which you wouldnt expect for the price.

There is a Danger Nissan will lose its loyal 50-80 year old following who want simple, reliable and good value motors in search of a younger market.

I know Nissan dealers have found satisfaction with the new Juke where looks come before practicality, to be low and on the decline.

If they try and take the soon to be released new Note away from what made the old car a good ownership prospect, they will pay the price.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 01/10/2012 at 12:55

Nissan Note - Note 1.5 Diesel - am I asking for trouble? - TeeCee

I know Nissan dealers have found satisfaction with the new Juke where looks come before practicality

Anyone who reckons that's good looking should probably have their license revoked on grounds of poor eyesight.

Nissan Note - Note 1.5 Diesel - am I asking for trouble? - madf

I know Nissan dealers have found satisfaction with the new Juke where looks come before practicality

Anyone who reckons that's good looking should probably have their license revoked on grounds of poor eyesight.

Nothing wrong with a Juke's looks that a good crusher won't cure.

Nissan Note - Note 1.5 Diesel - am I asking for trouble? - Stillnotsure

Be careful, my wifes Clio with the 1.5DCi 86 engine has just gone bang in a big way - £1800 bill for a new fuel injection system (Delphi) and only 36000 miles, although the car is 6 years old. According to the garage problems with Delphi diesel systems are their bread and butter...

Nissan Note - Note 1.5 Diesel - am I asking for trouble? - Happy Blue!

The good news is that the Note is essentially "a good car", well designed for their purpose so no reason not to buy one in the range.

Further good news is that you are driving the car for many miles each day, so it will get a good run, hopefully avoiding the sort of problems you may encounter in a car driven less miles. Usually they say buy the newest car you can find in your budget, even if it means choosing a higher mileage example over an older, lower mileage example.

There will always been horror stories about engines going bang. The Note is generally very reliable and Renault/Nissan have made decent diesel engines for some years now.

Nissan Note - Note 1.5 Diesel - am I asking for trouble? - idletime

Hi Everyone,

I have owned a 2007 model Note 1.5 dci for the past 2 years. It has covered some 90000 miles - some of them very happy... but... THIS IS A WARNING FOR ALL THOSE, WHO THINK THAT RENAULT ENGINES IN NISSAN NOTE ARE IDENTICAL WITH THOSE FITTED TO RENAULT CARS and can be repaired at renault garages.

My NOTE engine broke down in FRANCE. Renault garages fobbed me off with lack of computer connectors to their diagnostic equipment, Nissan mechanics in France needlessly replaced EGR valve (at a very high cost) but did not diagnose - let alone fix, the problem. Nissan garage in W.London charged me over £120 just to run a diagnostic test, which did not find any definite faults - yet the car wouldn't start!. Their most considered opinion was "the fuel pump" It was only a local diesel garage that diagnosed fault with injectors. Replaced them with recon ones and the car still runs fine 18 months on! So much for Nissan dealerships - wherever they are...!

Happy motoring