Mazda 6 - Water leak help please - Tally

Hi

My rear drivers side headrest has started being sodden with rain as water is leaking in above. I have seen it dripping from the plastic cover at the top of the rear hatch.

Does anybody know how to take off the plastic without breaking it and is it a common problem with Mazda6 hatchback. Will it be the seal thats leaking or the window or has anybody else any ideas please.

The rear wash has started leaking into the boot if i try to wash the rear wondow it comes down from the top of the rear dooor but i think this is a seperate issue Its a great car but is it time to think about changing ?

Any idea on value PX Mazda6 TS2 5 door hatch 2.0 petrol

53000 miles VGC FSH couple of small scratches which would be easy to fix.

Thanks

Tally

Mazda 6 - Water leak help please - Mad Czar

Tally, I have had exactly the same problem as you, in exactly the same place. Over the course of the past week, I applied waterproof duct tape to various gaps around the roof, hatch and glass in an attempt to identify where the water was getting in. After several heavy rainfalls and continued leaks, I have finally traced the problem area to the top of the offside rear door frame. The rain stopped penetrating after I had placed the duct tape over the gap between the roof and the top of the offside rear passenger door. The rubber strip there seems to be making an imperfect seal at that point, allowing rainwater to seep through and collect at the top of the hatch and through into the rear seating area. I am now wondering about the cure. Will take it to a local garage for their suggestion. Maybe some sealant will do the trick. Hope this is of help to you.

Mazda 6 - Water leak help please - Bobbin Threadbare

Tally - you don't say how old the car is. If you want a p/x value, try Parkers (tend to be a tad high but not bad), and have a look on eBay at what the completed listings are going for. I have a 1.8L TS (2005) and I've been offered £1k p/x for it, but it's a high miler. Not much!