Honda Jazz - Alternative to a Honda Jazz - suggestions please! - lasjholl

My mum has been the happy owner of a '05 Honda Jazz 1.4 petrol Sport for the last 5 years. It has now done nearly 80,00 miles and she is looking to replace it.

She would like something with similar versatility, economy, and the ability to tow a very small caravan.

She loved the way the Jazz had folding seats in the rear, allowing her extra room to transport her spaniel or throw the bike in the back.

She's not keen on the Kangoo-style, neither does she want a 308 as it seems too compact.

I've suggested the Qashqai but, as I've never had a close look at one, it way well be unsuitable.

Any suggestions very welcome!

Edited by lasjholl on 23/09/2012 at 19:46

Honda Jazz - Alternative to a Honda Jazz - suggestions please! - Tonto1

If your mum has been happy with Honda, why not try a Civic? Retains the magic seats and versatility of the Jazz, but with more substance in terms of pulling a small caravan. HJ has just reviewed the 2012 model and seems impressed overall..

Honda Jazz - Alternative to a Honda Jazz - suggestions please! - mlj

Skoda Yeti? Smallish footprint, versatile and easily capable of pulling a small caravan.

Honda Jazz - Alternative to a Honda Jazz - suggestions please! - bear807
Having drove Honda jazz before, sure your mum miss the versitality. I would suggest a Nissan note or i20 both can have their seats fold flat. For Nissan note she might want to wait for a new one in next year. For myself I got a polo not practical as jazz but still have flat folding seats, but for everything else is so good that I love it so much, only reliability is unknown!

Edited by bear807 on 24/09/2012 at 22:42

Honda Jazz - Alternative to a Honda Jazz - suggestions please! - coopshere
Wife had a 2008 Civic untill a few months ago. The ride quality was very poor on our ever deteriorating roads. Tried the New Civic to replace it with, the ride quality was a little better but not enough to buy another one. Shame really as the rest of the car was good and especially the rear seating and luggage area.
Honda Jazz - Alternative to a Honda Jazz - suggestions please! - davecooper
How about the Kia Venga or the Hyundai ix20. I am considering one of these as I now have a couple of Grandchildren and need more versatility than my current Supermini, without having to go to a full size MPV. I understand that the Hyundai has the better ride on British roads so this may be a factor when choosing.
Honda Jazz - Alternative to a Honda Jazz - suggestions please! - Tonto1
Wife had a 2008 Civic untill a few months ago. The ride quality was very poor on our ever deteriorating roads. Tried the New Civic to replace it with, the ride quality was a little better but not enough to buy another one. Shame really as the rest of the car was good and especially the rear seating and luggage area.

As a Jazz owner, I'm sure the mum could cope with the Civic's ride. After all, even a Jazz die hard couldn't argue that the ride quality was a strong point , indeed for me the only week points on the car were the slightly harsh ride and noise at motorway speeds.