Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - Surrey_Scientist

I am trying top find a replacement battery for my Subaru legacy (2005).

The only battery I can find which is not "sealed" and therefore top-up-able and able to keep an eye on the water level is Yuasa.

Can anyone vouch for the quality of these batteries ?

Top Reply

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - TeeCee

The only battery I can find which is not "sealed" and therefore top-up-able

Er, why would you want that? Just something else to have to check and maintain. The sealed ones are as reliable and last just as long, which is why the old style ones are so rare.

Get a decent sealed one and then forget about it until it dies sometime next decade.

All Replies

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - Auristocrat

Taken from their website:

"Yuasa has been significantly involved in the automotive industry selling Yuasa batteries and other well-known brands including Lucas, Tungstone, Crompton and Oldham throughout the UK and Europe. Yuasa being a global organisation, is now one of the world's leading suppliers of automotive batteries with OEM customers that include such well known names as; Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Ford, Chevrolet, Daimler, Chrysler, Peugeot, General Motors, Hyundai, Suzuki, Isuzu and Yamaha."

Japanese firm that began manufacturing batteries as part of a joint venture in the US in 1979.

Edited by Auristocrat on 21/09/2012 at 11:13

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - Cris_on_the_gas

I know this company from motorbike batteries. Very impressed, last one i had lasted 11 years on a Honda CB600.

Most bikers you will talk to will rate their batteries highly

No experience of their car batteries, but no reason to doubt they should be just as good

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - Zuave

Agreed, motorcycles of various varieties over the past 20 years oft fitted with (or I fitted) Yuasa. Always v good.

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - SteveLee

Yuasa are very high quality - they often last well over a decade.

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - NARU

The OEM on my motorbike lasted ~3 years. The Yuasa lasted at least 7.

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - craig-pd130

Another endorsement -- they are a reputable brand.

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - Collos25

Battery mega store shows different makes of batteries for your car from 58ukps ,sealed batteries are readily available or this car .I also agree that Yuasa batteries are superb.

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - madf

My son's and my Yaris both have Yuasa batteries. Both are original fit.

11and 9 years old...

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - TeeCee

The only battery I can find which is not "sealed" and therefore top-up-able

Er, why would you want that? Just something else to have to check and maintain. The sealed ones are as reliable and last just as long, which is why the old style ones are so rare.

Get a decent sealed one and then forget about it until it dies sometime next decade.

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - madf

The only logical need to buy a non sealed battery for a modern car is a deep seated need to periodically have to grease battery terminals to prevent acid corrosion.

There is a name for this affliction I am sure:-)

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - corax

Maybe with a username like Surrey_Scientist he/she fills test tubes using a pipette, hence a deep seated need to top up batteries :)

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - 1litregolfeater

They're all sealed now.

Get one online from www.batterymegastore.co.uk/.

Performance Batteries is another way in.

They're good and they're cheap. If a box of lead can be cheap in ripoff Britain. You'll save a tenner off the local parts factor who all seem to have adopted Halfords prices and get a 3 year guarantee.

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - Galaxy

Bought my new battery recently from Euro Car Parts. Very reasonably priced, and at least £30 cheaper than a comparable one from Halfords. I chose a Bosch one.

You can just type your registration number or car details into their website and see what they've got. I was certainly very pleased with both the price and their service for mine.

www.eurocarparts.com/

(I have no connection whatsoever with this company, by the way!)

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - concrete

No direct experience of Yuasa car batteries, but other types from Yuasa are superb. We do a fair bit of below ground work and need reliable and long life re-chargeable batteries for our light sources. We build our own as 'normal' commercial ones do not fit the bill. We always fit Yuasa batteries and have done for 15 years. Our workshop lads swear by them. No reason to suppose their other products are not equally good. Concrete

Yuasa Batteries - How good are they ? - bear807
Got in in the jazz last 7 years until it gone because I leave the car interior light overnight!