FIAT PUNTO 2005 - FIAT PUNTO AIR LOCK - golf-driver

I have a Fiat Punto 2005 1.2 8V.

I recently changed the coolant but now have a gurgling water sound behind the dash. This becomes apparent when I start the engine, rev the engine or when I go round a small bend.

This is an airlock in the heater matrix. How do I get rid of this?

Before I changed the coolant there was no noise. I followed the correct procedure during the coolant change, the radiator and heater matrix (behind engine) bleed points were only closed when coolant appeared.

I re-did the coolant change, again the same noise. I then put the fiat on an incline and did the bleed procedure again on the heater matrix bleed point, with the engine cold, warm and running.

What options ae left?

FIAT PUNTO 2005 - FIAT PUNTO AIR LOCK - ttm

The airlock can travel to your cylinder head. This can be VERY BAD !! It happens because genius FIAT have put the coolant reservoir lower than the cylinder head. There is all sorts of advice about this on the FIAT forum website, including parking facing uphill before bleeding, squeezing the hoses, parking on ramps etc.

FIAT PUNTO 2005 - FIAT PUNTO AIR LOCK - Collos25

Run the engine while stationary with the water filler cap off the heater on full heat when it reaches thermostat temp the air will come out leave for a few minutes running to relieve the system of any residue air.