Hyundai i30 - Hyundai i30 diesel bonnet insulation - TR7

Does anyone own a original i30? My car had a prang and a new bonnet has been fitted but there is no insulation on the new bonnet.

It is a diesel I believe that the diesels have some sort of insulation clipped to the back of the bonnet. If you could take a look and report back that would be great.

Hyundai i30 - Hyundai i30 diesel bonnet insulation - Compo

About 3/4 of the underside of the bonnet is covered with insulation - that is the area within a sort of recessed part of the bonnet underside. There are also rubber strips along the front to help seal the compartment. My i30 is an 08 reg 2 litre Premium.

Hyundai i30 - Hyundai i30 diesel bonnet insulation - TR7

Thanks for the reply got it sorted now

Hyundai i30 - Hyundai i30 diesel bonnet insulation - Rochdale Pioneers

I think that sound deadening was cut from later builds to save £££. My 09 Comfort 1.4 has it, drivers of later builds complain its not there

Hyundai i30 - Hyundai i30 diesel bonnet insulation - 1litregolfeater

Vauxhall Astra diesels have it, while petrol versions don't. It makes no difference whatsoever to the rattle, as you're about 3 feet away from it.

Maybe the bonnet panels resonate with the rattle. Then you could truly turn the radio off forever and drive a musical instrument. Never mind listening to the the car - the car speaks to you!