FORD FOCUS ESTATE 2000W 16v ZETEC PETROL - OIL CONSUMPTION - brj

My petrol focus has covered 189,000 miles and as now started to use a lot of oil, there are NO leaks. It has been to the garage and had the rocker cover seal replaced. They reported no other problems.

The car is very reliable, I often do runs of 500 miles, getting >38mpg. The only thing I need to do is fill up with oil.

Any ideas please

FORD FOCUS ESTATE 2000W 16v ZETEC PETROL - OIL CONSUMPTION - thunderbird

My petrol focus has covered 189,000 miles and as now started to use a lot of oil, there are NO leaks. It has been to the garage and had the rocker cover seal replaced. They reported no other problems.

The car is very reliable, I often do runs of 500 miles, getting >38mpg. The only thing I need to do is fill up with oil.

Any ideas please

At that mileage oil consumption is likely to get high, its a simple fact. Keep filling it with oil but do not buy any of the wonder products they sell on E-Bay and Halfords etc, will only cause problems.

If you want to keep the car long term get another engine from a write off, plenty out there.

FORD FOCUS ESTATE 2000W 16v ZETEC PETROL - OIL CONSUMPTION - madf

There are lots of things that can cause oil use. Most cost a lot of money to fix BUT worn oil seals on the valves could be a cause...

If so ther are lots of compounds sold which will make a temporary fix by causing teh seals to swell.. Not expensive and worth a try -<£15.. After that it's engine repairs/repalcements etc...hardly worth the £s.

FORD FOCUS ESTATE 2000W 16v ZETEC PETROL - OIL CONSUMPTION - brj

Thanks for that