Speeding ticket - sunshine19

Hi, can anyone help? I received a notice of intention to prosecute today for a speeding fine in Manchester, I live in Cardiff and have never been to Manchester.

I was able to look at the photo's online and its the same make, model and colour as mine but I can't see the number plate at all on the photos as the car is quite far away and the image is blurry with the rain. So I'm not sure if it is my number plate, if it is then mine has been cloned. Or if its not my plate number they have misread it.

I have not been able to speak to them about it yet (they are only open in the morning). But I was just wondering if its going to be a nightmare to sort out? Has anyone else had a similar experience? Did it take long to sort it out. I've never been in trouble with the police before and am the most nervous driver in the world so the letter really freaked me out!

Unfortunately when it happened I had a day off work but it happened at 10.00am when I was stlll asleep and didn't see anyone that day till 3, so I can't prove I wasn't in my car speeding in Manchester but I wasn't! My car was parked outside my house all day in Cardiff.

If you've got ny advice would be really grateful!

Speeding ticket - tony g
Hi ,what you describe is not that unusual , cloned cars occur fairly regularly , and as you say you can't read the number plate in the photograph provided ,it's possible that the authority has guessed at the reg number .

You should write back denying the offense and ask for better proof ,at the same time try to find a way to prove that your car was in Cardiff .

Perhaps a neighbour could confirm that your car was parked outside your property . If you look at the time of the alleged offense ,would it be possible to drive back to Cardiff by 3 pm ,when you can confirm you were at home.

The authority usually looks for a quick easy conviction ,the more you contest the case ,the more likely they will withdraw.

Good luck,please let the forum know the outcome .

Tony g