Fiat sedici 1.6 petrol - Fiat sedici knocking noises - nikkikikki
Can anyone offer ideas for what could be causing a knocking sound when my car is idling. It happens when the rev count drops to about 600 or 700, just one knock and the pin jumps back up to 1000. It repeats in exactly the same way until i start moving again. I haven't noticed it at any other times. Can you suggest what it is?

Separately, there is an increasingly noticeable rattling coming from the passenger side dashboard. Any ideas?

Hope you can help!

Fiat sedici 1.6 petrol - Fiat sedici knocking noises - AndyT

Do you mean a single click, and then the revs rise? It may just be the Air Con compressor activating, this would put extra load on the engine and cause the increased idle revs. Try turning the Air Con off, and see if it still happens.

I believe early Sedicis' developed a rattle from the vent ducting tube behind the dash, inserting a piece of foam between it and where it's touching apparently solves the probtem.

Don't know about your other post RE:door noise, but if no one here can help, you could try the fiatforum, although I don't think there're very many in the Sedici section.