Avoiding M25 on 27th (Slough -> Luton Airport) - lukeuk

Dear colleagues,

I would like to ask for an advice. What would be the best way to get to the Luton Airport on 27th. Apparently it's going to be a challenging day for M25 and I should avoid this motorway. Does anybody know what would be a reasonable alternative route?

Thank you

Avoiding M25 on 27th (Slough -> Luton Airport) - FP

I'm close to Luton Airport and have used it quite a lot recently, so here's some advice for the end of the journey:

LA can be pretty much a nightmare to get into - even though roads have been reconfigured, they can't cope with the volume of traffic at peak times (i.e. mornings from 8 am). If you're arriving during one of these, allow LOTS of time to do the last couple of miles. If you're just dropping off, follow the signs to the drop-off point, where you may wait for only a few minutes and must put £1 into a machine before the barrier will allow you out.

If you're doing on-site parking, you've still got to go through most of the traffic. If you park off-site, the bus getting you to the airport also has to negotiate the same traffic. The same goes for taxis. There are plenty of tales of people getting out and walking the last few hundred metres.

From Slough, I'm a bit rusty - but I would tentatively suggest Beaconsfield, Amersham, Chesham, Hemel Hempstead then M1 to Luton. Could still be a nightmare, though.

Edited by FP on 25/07/2012 at 12:50

Avoiding M25 on 27th (Slough -> Luton Airport) - lukeuk

Thank you for your advice