VW Scirocco - Auction Prices - mjatho
hi all...was wondering if someone can give me some prices for VW Scirocco diesel GT 2.0 at Auction. prefer 2010 plate. I am thinking of going to BCA in coming weeks. Also can someone explain the buyers fee costs for car about 14-15k at BCA Auctions.

Thanks
Oh...forgot to add...can anyone give me a CAP price on these or Glasses

Thanks can give email if this is an issue for people in the trade
VW Scirocco - Auction Prices - Collos25

Your dreaming;

Thanks for that.....knew it should be around 15k tops.have looked atnbca site and is not clear for private buyer fees....help anyone?

The only reason a Scirocco would be at an auction is because there is something dramatically wrong with it these vehicles sell like hot cakes and no trader is going to put a good retail car in an auction.The buyers premium makes the price you will pay almost the same as if you bought retail at a VAG agent plus you would get the added benifit of a garauntee.

The ones I have seen are from VW financial and not a trader. These must be either reposed car or car on lease that has finished?
Also the cars I have seen are listed with warranty except 1.Where do you think the garages buy their cars from?
VW Scirocco - Auction Prices - balleballe

This is true - The ones i've seen @ BCA are from VW directly

"Where do you think the garages buy their cars from?"
Very few buy them at auction most come direct from leasing companies those that end up at auction are normally the chaff but what do I know part of my family have been successfully in the Motor business since just after the war and still are.
Chaff...check the BCA website...lots are straight from VW with warranty and hardly a mark. I understand what you are saying but lots of them are not chaff

VW direct are I think part of VW financing any cars they dispose of through auctions are ex lease normally high milers and outside the Main dealers age limit but Sciroccos if they are ok are bought well before they get to auction good secondhand ones are like rocking horse manure.Anyway you pay your money and takes your chance at that sort of money I would want dealer protection.

The ones I am talking about are at Brighouse selling from VW Financial Services with between 11-15k on them. So now what do you figure?

Your money.

VW Scirocco - Auction Prices - pd
"Where do you think the garages buy their cars from?" Very few buy them at auction most come direct from leasing companies those that end up at auction are normally the chaff but what do I know part of my family have been successfully in the Motor business since just after the war and still are.

Utter twaddle. For example, pretty much all used BMW's which end up as approved used cars go through either BCA (Nottingham) or Manheim (Colchester). Same applied to VWFS, all Volvo management cars, Audi closed sales, BMW finance, Alphabet (BMW Finance) etc. You must know this if you're in the motor trade. As for leasing companies, some have a 100% auction policy, some do sell out direct. Same applies to dealer groups with their px's. If you know which have which policy you know which sale sections to look in.
We are talking the difference between main and traders who sell older cars anything that gets put through an auction has a history may be good maybe bad mostly bad you should read what has been written instead of throwing your toys out of the pram like a naughty baby.
Plus we are talking about one type of specific car. wally
We are talking the difference between main and traders who sell older cars anything that gets put through an auction has a history may be good maybe bad mostly bad you should read what has been written instead of throwing your toys out of the pram like a naughty baby.

The OP made it quite clear he/she was talking about main line dealer group and manufacturer financial services sales - not Friday night local tat any old thing auctions. You must know what sort of sales they were referring to, e.g. the VWFS one at Nottingham for example. Many franchised dealers have to buy their late plate stock from these sources.

Edited by pd on 26/07/2012 at 13:01

Hey guys...seems I opened up some heated discussion. I spoke to a guy who knows the buyer from major North West car supermarket....and as I said they do buy a lot of cars from auction but I do agree because they are big player can go direct to some companies for ex lease etc. So is mixed bag. The main point is...if it is from VWFS or similar should be okay as they need to move stock as they are not dealers and as for needing main dealer protection...what the hell is a warranty for.....main dealers won't cover you for the basics.

Well after all this chat I cannot make up my mind if to auction or not. Have contact that can get me car with lower fees now BUT still not sure.

If anyone has prices this MONTH for VW Sciroccos sold at auction that may help me more. I Know book and BCA auction book prices etc BUT the real hard prices will help me more.

2009/59 1.4 TSi, 91k, 8600

09/09 2.0 TDI 140, 22k, 12750

10/59 2.0 TDI 140 GT, 33k, 13950

09/09 2.0 TDI 140 GT, 45k, 12550

10/10 2.0 TDI 140 GT DSG, 10k, 16850

10/59 2.0 TDI 170 GT, 18k, 14000

Thanks for that...this is exactly what I needed. Depends on the day I suppose as well. Am looking at around max 15k all in. May have chance but more than likely only a 09 or 59. No 59 coming up though. Don't really want a 09.

Looks like this discussion got some interesting opinions

Thanks for all comments and help ...even the negative ones

VW Scirocco - Auction Prices - RT

BCA and others run closed auctions specifically for the big leasing companies, manufacturer "management" cars and big rentals companies - it's how all these cars are disposed of initially - some will go on dealers forecourts and others go straight back into public auction.