Renault Megane - Renault Megane Electric Windows - Maggss
Can anyone help please ? I have a 2007 Renault Megane Dymonique Coupe, it has 12,000 miles on the clock and in great condition although I had to have the roof re sealed after a water leak. My driver side electric widow has stopped working yet again - this is the third time at a cost of almost £300 each time for a new motor. Im on the verge of getting rid of it as I am terrified I am going to mangle myself at the parking slot or the drive in at McDonalds due to not being able to roll down the window and stupidly having to crawl out the door - hilarious for those watching but not for me ! Any suggestions or solutions would be welcomed :)
Renault Megane - Renault Megane Electric Windows - Avant

Moved to Technical.

Renault Megane - Renault Megane Electric Windows - elekie&a/c doctor

I have found that very often on these it is the electrical connector to the motor that gives problems,rather than the motor itself.However,access to it is a real pain as door card removal on these is a major operation.Also I think Renault extended the warranty on these motors to 5 years as they have been so troublesome.hth

Renault Megane - Renault Megane Electric Windows - Chris M

A friend had the motor replaced FOC by Renault on his 2006 Megane recently although it did have a full Renault service history.

Renault Megane - Renault Megane Electric Windows - Galaxy
My niece has had this problem with her Renault Megane; twice!

Renault will pay 75% of the repair cost if car is up to, I believe, 7 years old and below 100,000 miles. They obviously know they have a big problem with the electric windows to have to make such an offer.

You should contact Renault Customer Service and ask their advice.

Moral of the story - Never buy a Renault!
Renault Megane - Renault Megane Electric Windows - Firefly88

My Megane is over 7 yrs so no help from Renault. I found good info here though and fixed it no probs. Saved a bundle www.renaultwindow.co.uk

Renault Megane - Renault Megane Electric Windows - otleyphil

My Megane is over 7 yrs so no help from Renault. I found good info here though and fixed it no probs. Saved a bundle www.renaultwindow.co.uk

Thanks for the advice. Both my front windows have gone down. Just had a look at the youtube video but looks a bit of a faff. Did you find it easy to change the part?

Renault Megane - Renault Megane Electric Windows - thunderbird
Im on the verge of getting rid of it as I am terrified I am going to mangle myself at the parking slot or the drive in at McDonalds due to not being able to roll down the window and stupidly having to crawl out the door - hilarious for those watching but not for me ! Any suggestions or solutions would be welcomed :)

Simple solution, don't go to McDonalds. Not only will you avoid having to crawl out of the door you will save money and not have to eat the appauling rubish they sell.