Freelander - changing from 4 wheel drive to 2?? - kaluki
Hi, prob wrong here, did i see some where it is possible to change from a permanant 4x4 to 2 wheel drive?? if so how?? Never had a 4x4 before, love driving it, but a bit of a gas guzzler! so hoping to try and make petrol go a bit further :-)
Freelander - changing from 4 wheel drive to 2?? - Humperdink

Reckon the cost of doing this will be pretty prohibitive

Freelander - changing from 4 wheel drive to 2?? - madf

You can remove one propshaft and make it fwd only. Saw on for sale like that. No idea of the work involved but I suspect the handling may be strange as it is set up for 4wd..

Freelander - changing from 4 wheel drive to 2?? - RT

The Freelander's 4wd system is "on-demand" like all except hard-core off-roaders so it's driving in 2wd most of the time anyway.

Or you could buy the 2wd version !!

Freelander - changing from 4 wheel drive to 2?? - kaluki
ok thanks guys, picked car up cheap, when i get the focus tdci sorted,(in the hands of the court at the moment) I might well look at the 2wd version, ddn.t know they had one!
thanks again for your replys.
Freelander - changing from 4 wheel drive to 2?? - Englishbullterrier

They don't.

Just remove the drive shaft along with the viscous coupling and hey presto, it's now 2-wheel drive.

Many people do this, as when the coupling fails, it costs around £500 to buy !....ebt

Freelander - changing from 4 wheel drive to 2?? - RT

They don't.

Just remove the drive shaft along with the viscous coupling and hey presto, it's now 2-wheel drive.

Many people do this, as when the coupling fails, it costs around £500 to buy !....ebt

Keep up, man at the back!

Land-Rover introduced a 2wd version of the Freelander in Sept 2010 with first deliveries in Jan 2011 - it's been out 18 months.

Freelander - changing from 4 wheel drive to 2?? - mccgarage
Remove the prop blank off the rid box done loads of them bit of a fiddle but not difficult by any means only charged last customer £125