BMW Mini One 05 - Brake pad warning light problem - Geran1
Would appreciate any info with this problem, changed the wife's front pads a couple of months back they were well down but the brake pad sensor was not damaged in any way, changed the pads and three weeks later the light on the dash comes on!!! do a search on google info states if you leave the ignition on for approx 30secs the light will go out, it did but came back on two days later, must be the sensor fit a new non gen item same thing but took three days before it was back on.
It has since had a full service at our local garage, informed they have reset it lasted three weeks and came back on, was back in yesterday and they fitted a Bosch sensor next day light back on, can anyone give me a clue as it has got me beat now,thanks
BMW Mini One 05 - Brake pad warning light problem - elekie&a/c doctor

Is there a sensor fitted to the rear brakes?

Yes there is, thought about it last night the other sensor I have for the front is not long enough to fit the rear, but it will work as a test I can just tie wrap it up out of the way
BMW Mini One 05 - Brake pad warning light problem - mccgarage
Snip sensor wire from pad side join wires should knock out light
BMW Mini One 05 - Brake pad warning light problem - Peter D

That's a dumb idea. Use a meter and and check the conductivity of the pad sensor. To check the wiring probe and connect the cable end together and see if the light goes out. Regards Peter

Update for anyone with the same issue, either by coincidence or just good luck, as stated above the problem was started after FRONT pads were changed, just could not sort it even the garage tried three times and failed, so as a last ditch effort I tried the spare front sensor on the REAR left the orig in place just pluged the new one in and tie wrapped it up out of the way, that was 7/8 weeks back and the light is still off.

Edited by Geran1 on 28/08/2012 at 21:59