1999 Nissan Micra - Which one is best? - Michael 432000

Two 1999 T registration Nissan Micras in similarly good condition and similarly priced.

1. A 1.0 litre with 55,000 miles on the clock.

2. A 1.3 litre with 70,000 miles on the clock.

Which one would you prefer?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

1999 Nissan Micra - Which one is best? - Drivethru
I had a 1.0 litre W reg Micra for ten years, I would go for the 1 litre if you are using it mostly for around town driving, if you mostly do longer motorway type journeys then the 1.3 would be best. I wouldn't worry too much about that, go for the one in the best condition. Hope that helps.
1999 Nissan Micra - Which one is best? - Avant

You can't avoid either of them being a gamble, and the choice really should depend on condition. Which one seems to have been looked after better....which one sounds healthier when you drive it.....does one have a longer MoT than the other?

If there is nothing in it, then the 1.3 will be a bit livelier than the 1.0.

1999 Nissan Micra - Which one is best? - mikem004

On paper, the 1.0 looks a better bet.

Less mileage and will give you better MPG. The 1.0 engine is fine for motorway commuting.

But go see them both and assess it then . The owners may tell you more about the car's history and you'll get an impression of how well the car has been looked after.

1999 Nissan Micra - Which one is best? - McP

Mrs has had a 99 1.0L Micra for the past 6 years. Very reliable.

I drive it occaisonally. Fine on the motorway, great around town.

Lack of oil changes can cause cam chain problems but generally they are robust engines. The one with the better service history would be my choice.

One thing to watch is the crossmember rotting. The part is £30 but time consuming to replace.

If you buy one, they are prone to flooding if run for less than 5 minutes and then left.

1999 Nissan Micra - Which one is best? - RaineMan

All things being equal I would go for the 1.0. If however you usually carry passengers go for the 1.3 for the extra torque...

1999 Nissan Micra - Which one is best? - mikem004

If you buy one, they are prone to flooding if run for less than 5 minutes and then left.

I think that was fixed before the facelift models came out in 97-02.

1999 Nissan Micra - Which one is best? - McP

Our 99 does it.

Easy enough to avoid or get around though.