MPV which is best ? - Residesinsurrey

Hi I am looking for an MPV at the moment my choices are Nissan Almera Tino Petrol and Diesel and Vauxhall Zafira . Can anyone please give me an opinion on all three cars to get . I have a big family and do loads of travelling . Obviously think that the Tino Diesel would be more economical than the Tino 1.8 , am I right ?? I travel around 80miles a week , not motorway though although will be doing a few motorway trips over the summer . My budget is less than £2000, I know its low but thats all we can afford and we definitely need 5 seats or more .

MPV which is best ? - Auristocrat
Have you considered a Mazda Premacy?
MPV which is best ? - Oli rag

I have a 1.8 petrol tino and it's an excellent car.,it does 38mpg average and has been totally reliable for the 4 years I've had it. It is also easy to mantain if you are a diy person.

I think the only problem you can have is a timing chain issue, but that tends to be caes which have had oil missed or extended oil changes.

MPV which is best ? - Bobbin Threadbare

If you're doing 80 miles per week that works out to be just over 4000 miles, so even with a few big motorway trips that's wayyyy under 15k which is the (anecdotally) average mileage where diesel is the better choice.

If I were you, I would be hunting for as good an example of a petrol MPV as I could. £2000 is actually a reasonable budget; there's a fair amount of choice.

MPV which is best ? - jamie745

A mileage as low as that isn't worth chancing a cheap old diesel on. You can get a lot of car for £2000 these days, check out things like the Vauxhall Zafira (petrol), they're not inspiring but they're pretty well screwed together and basic enough to not give problems.

MPV which is best ? - Avant

Citroens have a better reputation for reliability than Renaults and Peugeots, even though most Peugeots are mechanically similar. Citroen / Peugeot diesel engines are probably better than Japanese - they've been making them for longer.

If you do look at a Citroen avoid at all costs the EGS semi-automatic gearbox, which is jerky, unreliable and in general an invention of the devil.

MPV which is best ? - daveyK_UK

Go for the tino and pay out for a service right away.

MPV which is best ? - Residesinsurrey

Many Thanks for your input !!!!!!