Zafira B 2009 - Zafira B rear brake caliper piston rewind tool - Markwoo

Could someone help me with purchasing a rewind tool .I have found a used one but dont know if it will fit .It is listed as universal but the seller doesnt know which cars it works on .

i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x467/miwool50/KGrHqVH...g

If that one would be no good then i was thinking this set http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180895665793?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649I

only intend doing my own car so if the first one will do i will just buy it .

Zafira B 2009 - Zafira B rear brake caliper piston rewind tool - OG

If it's any help the top one is very similar to the one I got for my Astra which was also sold as a universal type.

A right fiddly job until you get the hang of it by the way.

Zafira B 2009 - Zafira B rear brake caliper piston rewind tool - gordonbennet

The universal second set should fit most cars you or your family will ever own, probably worth investing in.

Zafira B 2009 - Zafira B rear brake caliper piston rewind tool - Coady1uk

I have the universal set at home and have yet to come across a car it does not fit. The price is cheap as you will find the same set in different brand name boxes for a lot more money.

Zafira B 2009 - Zafira B rear brake caliper piston rewind tool - TeeCee

I used a clamp and a pair of water pump pliers to do mine.

Clamp around the caliper and tighten. Turn piston with water pump pliers. Tighten clamp at intervals as piston winds in.

Worked a treat.

Zafira B 2009 - Zafira B rear brake caliper piston rewind tool - gordonbennet

Yes i've done it that way TeeCee before i got the i universal set, trouble is should the pliers slip whilst pushing in you are likely to rip the dust cover or skin yet another knuckle.

Aside from that would it be good practice before starting any such undercar work to skin each knuckle and shove a handful of dust in each eye, these things invariably happen anyway so might as well get them out the way before commencing....whilst there tip the first batch over your head if waxoyling it'll end up there anyway..:-)

Zafira B 2009 - Zafira B rear brake caliper piston rewind tool - TeeCee

You forgot that you should also get the inspection lamp nicely warmed up and then press the hot shroud against your arm, to save doing that later. Also smash your head against something solid rather than battering it on the underside of the car when your arm makes contact with the hot inspection lamp.

It's also worth putting your thumb on the workbench and smacking it with a hammer before starting. It's so much more difficult to get a good swing at it while under the car and it often takes several swipes, hitting other things, before getting a good solid thump on the thumb.

If changing brake discs, remember to drop one on your foot before starting.