Toyota Yaris - ABS sensor replacement - mikem004

I am buying an 02 Yaris 1.0 S from a (Mitsubishi) dealer. The dealer agreed to put the car through the MOT before hand over. Any MOT faults will be rectified by the dealer.

Last week,the dealer phoned me. The car failed the MOT due to an ABS warning light coming on during the test. The dealer has ordered a new ABS sensor from Toyota and will fit and re-test the car next week.

Is a dodgy ABS sensor a common problem on a Yaris? I'm hoping it's not a symptom of more-expensive problems with the ABS system, which might require main dealer repairs in the future.

Toyota Yaris - ABS sensor replacement - elekie&a/c doctor

I would not say it is a common fault but not unknown.I replaced an abs sensor on one of these last week(an 04 model).Part is not cheap at around £120.I really don,t think this is a symptom of future issues.These yaris models are generally very reliable and don't forget it is 10 years old.I have seen much newer cars with far more serious and expensive problems.hth

Toyota Yaris - ABS sensor replacement - mikem004

Thanks for your reply.

It's a good job the dealer agreed to put 12 months MOT on the car for me. But fitting a new ABS sensor must be eating into their profit margins...

Toyota Yaris - ABS sensor replacement - madf

I replaced an ABS sensor on son's 2001 Yaris: a front one. Pattern part £35 - still going strong.

On rear wheels ABS is integral with rear bearing.. £200 a pop.

Usually a sign of advesre conditions - loads of salt and ingress.

Very rare to happen. Easy to replace front ones, less so rears.