VW Amarok - Amarok AutomaticHJ review - Zuave

quote...."The automatic Amarok comes with an engine stop/start system as part of Volkswagen's fuel-saving BlueMotion Technology. A first for a pick-up and still pretty rare on many automatic passenger cars. It's a fairly intrusive system and quick to restart too. The Amarok also get regenerative barking and low rolling resistance tyres which helps improve fuel economy - it averages a claimed 37.2mpg and emits 199g/km - better figures than the 2.0 BiTDI 163PS Amarok with a manual gearbox.".....

I am assuming the Stop-Start is unintrusive and that it has regenerative braking?

I do have a question or two also:

1 - What's the UK price for this? I'll check and see if I can find anything but it would have been nice to have a guide in the review.

2 - Does the 4WD system on it allow it to be used without transmission wind-up (as per some L200's) as well as the "traditional" 2WD/4WD selection? or is that only possible with the version that has constant 4WD?

Thanks

Zuave.

VW Amarok - Amarok AutomaticHJ review - Collos25

Why not download all the details from the VW website then you will have all the answers first hand.

VW Amarok - Amarok AutomaticHJ review - Collos25

http://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/amarok-range/amarok/overview/

Thanks Collos25 but, as it is specifically the automatic I am interested in, I cannot find any mention of that yet, nor actual prices or tech-spec for the auto, on the VW site.

rgds

Zuave.

VW Amarok - Amarok AutomaticHJ review - madf

Regenerative barking

Built in dog? :-)

"

Regenerative barking

Built in dog? :-)"

Perhaps a new kind of security system? :-)