Mitsibushi lancer 1.6 or Mitsibushi lanc2.0 sport? - hallington

Has anyone owned either of these or heard they are to be avoided. I'm looking at 2 of these both automatics and estates ones a 2005 and the other a 2007, whilst not that fuel effecient, they aren't much worse than the Honda Civic and I would get a newer car with less miles for my money? I've heard the 1.6 is a bit underpowered to pull the body size? I'm determined after all the questions on the forum that I'm buying a car for half-term! :)

Mitsibushi lancer 1.6 or Mitsibushi lanc2.0 sport? - Sam49

My brother test drove one a couple of years ago. it was a 2.0 manual Sport. Went well - spritely is the word I'd use! In the end he didn't buy any car but I knew he was tempted by it.

Impression I got was that it was very Japanese utilitarian - in a good way. Nothing flash but well built, purposeful - a solid piece of kit. Its rarity was also appealing. All the essentials were there - aircon, CD autochanger, electric windows, that's about it. I think from 2007 they did a facelift - they sort of look different at the front (more agressive 'face') and they get a bit more kit including more airbags. Worth hunting down I reckon.

They look sleek from the outside and they're not too massive or too small. Fairly spacious inside as well. I'd go for a 2.0 as it'd be a more flexible and enjoyable drive I would have thought.

Thanks Sam the 2.0 is a 2005 and has done 84000, it's the only one I think on auto trader. I like 'spritely', it's what I am looking for to get me past the people doing 35mph in the 60 roads:)

Mitsibushi lancer 1.6 or Mitsibushi lanc2.0 sport? - Bobbin Threadbare

The post facelift models (Mk IX I believe) are not bad looking but I drove one for a long trip for work as a hire and they are very tinny. They need a lot of gas to get going and fuel economy was mediocre. It looked naff inside (I had a Mk I Focus at the time and that looked nicer) and when it rained the sound was really loud! Like I said, tinny.

Thanks Bobbin, I did think the metal looked really thin and I don't understand why the fuel economy is so shocking in these cars, who did they make them for, really rich people? I'm just praying the honda civic I'm waiting on comes through in the next couple of days as it is so painful not having a car :(

Mitsibushi lancer 1.6 or Mitsibushi lanc2.0 sport? - Happy Blue!

The Lancer is a fairly basic car in terms of quality of materials and design, but likely to be pretty bombproof. Its not awful and not great, but it is a good sized car for the money without being cheap and nasty.