Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks
Ford Mondeo - Ford Mondeo Sat Nav Problems - pipgood

My 08 Titanium X estate has developed sat nav problems, unable to find routes, parts of maps are missing, error messages etc. Returned to ford dealers for numerous updates etc recommended to obtain new map dvd, which was done but still won't work, now they want to replace the whole unit at a cost of £2500!!!!

Our 09 Galaxy, with the same unit, has also starting to display odd problems in the same way.

Am I just unlucky or have I stumbled on a problem with the touch screen dvd sat nav units fitted to these fords during this period.

Someone has suggested that the close proximity to the heater makes the dvd reader to hot and malfunctions? Any suggestions?

Ford Mondeo - Ford Mondeo Sat Nav Problems - Collos25

If you look on ebay you can buy a complete Mondeo (or any Ford for that matter) sat nav for a few hundred pounds often with many more features than the original very easy to install.

If you look on ebay you can buy a complete Mondeo (or any Ford for that matter) sat nav for a few hundred pounds often with many more features than the original very easy to install.

This may be true but after contacting the retailers they tell me that I will lose certain fuctions associated with the Ford converse dashboard display although the steering fuctions may work.

Rubbish, you can buy one which allows you to keep all the steering wheel functions a colleague at work has one fitted and the definition of the screen is far better and has so many features its unbelievable including digital TV and it was under 400ukp.

Ford Mondeo - Ford Mondeo Sat Nav Problems - Duncan112

Before you go to that expense get your dealer (or a trusted independent) to check the GPS antennae and connections - my fathers Mondeo (admittedly a little older and no touch screen) suffered from similar problems - dealer swapped antennae from a new one in the showroom and no problems.

My mondeo does not seem to have an external GPS antenna, I'm not sure where it is located. My other aerials are in the glass of the windows of my estate.

Rubbish, you can buy one which allows you to keep all the steering wheel functions a colleague at work has one fitted and the definition of the screen is far better and has so many features its unbelievable including digital TV and it was under 400ukp.

Hi Do you know the name of the product and the suppliers for the one that will be show on the dashboard as well as be controlled by the steering wheel. The company I contacted said that the volume controls etc would work on the steering wheel etc but the converse display would not work maybe I contacted the wrong company.

You will keep all your steering wheel controls but if yours is the model with the seperate display in between the dials then you would loose that having said that you would gain Digital TV and Radio plus internet radio.Look under the firm Erisin or on Ebay many different models perhaps there is one with the second display.

Value my car