Honda Accord Coupe 2.2 N Reg - 2 questions about brakes. - r1cky

Hi jut bought this car 2days ago as my old car died, anyway. The car had been sat for just under 10 weeks unused with a cover over it but outside. All the discs had surface rust which after a few miles was quickly removed but the rear right continually makes a noise every rotation like a clicking noise the rust hasn't fully come of this disc and it appears to be wearing off unevenly. Is this likely to be a new caliper, pads and discs? :( Now under heavy braking there's a small shake through the steering wheel.

Question 2 When the car is sat and started all normal dash lights come on and go out like they should until you pull away and the Abs light comes on and won't go out until you swiitch off and back on again. Guy I got the car off said he bought the car like it 6years ago, but it passes Mot's as it goes out when its 1st started, will it still pass or does it need sorting to pass the next Mot?

Thanks in advance

Rich

Honda Accord Coupe 2.2 N Reg - 2 questions about brakes. - elekie&a/c doctor

As the car has been unused for a while ,I would think new pads and discs is a reasonable fix and probably cure the shake under braking.As for the abs light,the mot test only checks the operation of the warning light not the function of the system.So it will pass a test ,but the abs system is faulty as the light comes on while driving.hth

Honda Accord Coupe 2.2 N Reg - 2 questions about brakes. - Peter D

The ABS light implies the ABS is not working at your risk. I suggest a full brake service/inspection and clenaing of the ABS wheel sensors, this may clear your problems. Regards Peter

Honda Accord Coupe 2.2 N Reg - 2 questions about brakes. - Mil1194

There is an easy way to test your abs on a quiet road and gives you the opportunity to clean off surface rust disks ( ;-) ) Although if the other have cleared it looks like that caliper isnt putting enough pressure onto that disk to clear it and that is the one that is throwing up the error. I was also under the impression that since 1st April (??) virtually any warning light on the dash wash enought to fail an MOT - however a full braking test on an MOT should realise whether that corner is braking hard enough or not....

Honda Accord Coupe 2.2 N Reg - 2 questions about brakes. - r1cky

Ok had the car looked at today, turns out the caliper was fine it was the pad slider had siezed on 1 side so the inside of the disc was being pushed out which was creating the wheel wobble under breaking. After some cleaning all works fine now. Abs light comes on only when u move above 5 mph comes on but the abs is working as slammed the brakes on a few times and no lock ups :) guy said in theory the car will pass a mot with the light on unless the testers in a bad mood... Mot not until November so have a little time to try and suss the fault...

Thanks