Audi A3 Sportback 2.0tdi 170 - Random Stall / cut out - markj1978

Hi my car has developed this issue recenlty where it will start idle ok and then randomly cut out as if the ignition has been turned off. Turn it off and it will start again fine. It will also try and happen when driving as it randomly loses power and slows down for a second or two then will take off again.
when this happens the rev needle will flick and drop as iff its been turned off. Also sometimes after one of these 'twitches' the glow plug light will come on and start flashing. when you turn the igniton off and restart it goes away. car runs fine with no loss of MPG or turbo boost when this isnt going on.
Audi has just replaced all the injectors as part of a recall which i hoped would fix this but is hasnt.
I have ordered a VAG reader but it hasnt arrived yet so dont have any error codes as yet. Anyone got any ideas?

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0tdi 170 - Random Stall / cut out - craig-pd130

Was it doing this before the injector change? I'd suspect something like the crank position sensor is failing, or the connector to this sensor is intermittent.

Is the car still in warranty? I would think that it would throw a fault code, and if it's in warranty it should be a no-quibble replacement ... after all, random engine cut-outs could be quite dangerous, and a sensor like that is not a wear-and-tear item.

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0tdi 170 - Random Stall / cut out - markj1978

Thanks for the reply. Yes it was doing it before the injector change. the technician didnt mention any error codes when he returned the car. but he also said he didnt notice it when he did a test drive. this is not the kind of thing you miss and it does it every drive! Its not in warranty anymore though and the injector replacement was a saftey recall so they wernt making any money. I assume there will be an error code logged for the crank sensor drop out?

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0tdi 170 - Random Stall / cut out - Danmal
Did you fix the problem as I have same issue
Audi A3 Sportback 2.0tdi 170 - Random Stall / cut out - justinasbur

hey, I know that this topic is old, but I have same problem with exactly the same car. Injectors are new like yours. what was your problem? i would be happy if you tell me some information because I have this nightmare for a month...

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0tdi 170 - Random Stall / cut out - Danmal
Having same problem any advice would be much appreciated