Ford Fiesta 1.25 2003 model - Fuel Gauge / Sender Unit - jaffacakes23

Hi,

My petrol/fuel gauge has been showing empty for the last 3/4 weeks, so I am topping it up with petrol but guessing to the amount that is in the tank. The yellow light is always on and sometimes moves up to the second bar but nothing higher. I put £50 petrol in and the gauge never moved. Any ideas or help please people?

Thanks in advance.

jaffacakes23

Ford Fiesta 1.25 2003 model - Fuel Gauge / Sender Unit - Bobbin Threadbare

There's a couple of things it could be: it's either the gauge (wiring poss) or the fuel sender. The fuel gauge is basically just showing the signal from a variable resistor. If you can get at the wires, you can test it by grounding the wire. If flips when you ground it, the gauge is ok. Then it might be the sender, which I believe is accessible from the boot of the car....some cars have the sender in the back wheel well, and it'll be sealed in with liner to stop water etc getting in.

Ford Fiesta 1.25 2003 model - Fuel Gauge / Sender Unit - jaffacakes23

Hi, sorry to sound really stupid but what wires am I looking for the ones under the stearing rack? If so which one? If it is the sender then is it easy to change, and what would I have to buy and do? I will have a look at them to options tomorrow and let you know what happened!

Thanks very much.

Ford Fiesta 1.25 2003 model - Fuel Gauge / Sender Unit - Bobbin Threadbare

I'm not sure on your model of Fiesta; I think they were under one of the seats.....

I will have a little search but I have a manual for older Fords unfortunately.

Ford Fiesta 1.25 2003 model - Fuel Gauge / Sender Unit - elekie&a/c doctor

On this model,access to the fuel sender/pump unit requires removal of the fuel tank.hth