focus 1.6 tdci auto - torque convertor - phallharry

Bought car 2 years ago have got 38.000 mls on the clock and the torque cnvertor has just gone bang rsng dealershipetc and fords {youve had the car 5yrs its out of warranty}, was the robotic reply, how can i get fords to understand that it hasnt lasted as long as i thought it should under the sale of goods act. It seems that people who buy japanese cars etc all have goodwill payments from them out of warranty {we could nor possibly comment on other manufacturers problems}

focus 1.6 tdci auto - torque convertor - balleballe

Not all Japanese.

Mazda would treat you the same. Toyota/Honda may give some goodwill.

I agree, it seems to have given up prematurely; but most parts in a ford usually do lol

Try another dealer?

focus 1.6 tdci auto - torque convertor - gordonbennet

As the poster above correctly says.

If you want Toyota customer service you've got to buy one of their cars first and maintain it properly.

smaller family owned dealer might be a better bet, can only say no.

Edited by gordonbennet on 14/05/2012 at 08:49

focus 1.6 tdci auto - torque convertor - craig-pd130

It sounds like you bought it used, if this is the case it's extremely unlikely you'll get any goodwill.

focus 1.6 tdci auto - torque convertor - skidpan
How many more of
focus 1.6 tdci auto - torque convertor - skidpan
How many more of

As I was trying to say, hard luck, pay to have it fixed.

Thats the joys of motoring.

You cannot expect someone else to pay for your repairs once you are out of warranty.

All this legal stuff about liability for 6 years is nonsense.

focus 1.6 tdci auto - torque convertor - Collos25

Before you get to starting stalls answer this has the car got full Ford service history even under the sales of goods act you would not be entitled to full repair costs,I would find a local company that reconditions auto boxes and get it fixed.

focus 1.6 tdci auto - torque convertor - thunderbird

Before you get to starting stalls answer this has the car got full Ford service history even under the sales of goods act you would not be entitled to full repair costs,I would find a local company that reconditions auto boxes and get it fixed.

You bought a 3 year old Ford 2 years ago and now its broken. Why be suprised, cars break, its a known fact. Should the maker/dealer repair it, no they shouldn't. Pay up yourself, no such thing as a free lunch, you cannot expect free repairs on a 5 year old Ford or any car unless it has a specific longer warranty.