citreon c8 2.2 hdi - economy mode active - reichs008

hi

hello could anybody shed some light on this message economy mode active ive read about it a little ill give the facts of whats happened so far.i was driveing home when my alernator belt fell off the car then just shut down ive had tensioner new belt and pully put on also recomended that i chage cam belt so had that done too but still in the economy mode active car will not start it spins over compression appears to be there the mechanic also reset something called bsi so after spending money i still have no car and now told it will have to go on a diagnostic machin any help would be good before i spend even more money thanks.

citreon c8 2.2 hdi - economy mode active - elekie&a/c doctor

Economy mode becomes active when the battery voltage reduces to a certain level.This usually prevents operation of auxillary circuits(windows,wipers,heater etc)When the system is in this mode it will not prevent the car starting.The engine needs to be running with the alternator charging for the electrics to come out of econ mode.Try leaving the ignition switched on without trying to start the car for at least 5 minutes.This will allow the electronic network on the car to re-sync itself.Also is it possible that when the belt came off it ran into the cam belt and caused the timing to jump.If this has happened,then you could be lucky, as on this engine it usually breaks the valve rockers rather than the bend the inlet/exhaust valves .hth

thanks would the valve rockers cause it to not fire up i have been reading up a lot on this now. also i have read that to reset the bsi thing u need a window down how can u have a window down the mech that did the work said he by passed the door does that work the cam belt has been put back on new and retimed today and the mech says hes sure its got compression he just dont have a great machine for the diagnostics and thanks for any help.ive just also read that any light on could talk to the bsi i only just notice that as it gets dark the very back interior light was on olny noticed as its getting dark and read that try leaving ignition key in for 2 mins thanks again for any help .

citreon c8 2.2 hdi - economy mode active - dieselnut

Sounds like you need to connect to a battery charger & give the battery a good charge. If it still fails to start, whip off the cam over & check for broken rockers as the doc suggests.

Thanks thats his next plan of action will report back when he gets to it as its so damn annoying and still i dont get why people say undo the window no electrics even the mechanic said he didnt know why people say this when resetting the bsi thingy