The screw is turning on private parking. - Dwight Van Driver

And so it has come to pass.

The Protection of Freedom Act 2012 has received Royal Assent and has been published. As you know two important aspects is that it outlaws private clamping and also gives owners of land power to chase up Registered Keepers in England and Wales for charges for parking which have not been paid by the driver.

The good news so far is that there is no Commencement Order for section 56 and 4th Schedule that deals with parking charges.

No apparent loopholes other than the fact that certain conditions apply in relation to signing (further details yet to follow in SI) and also service and content of the Notices which if not complied with may make the Notice invalid.

The Act itself is a mishmash but those that have an interest park up at (Free)

http://www.tinyurl.com/7cjfay6

and read 4th Schedule Explanatory Notes.

Interesting in that the Act mentions Surveillance Equipment (S.29(6)(b)) obviously CCTV but also " any other system for recording or viewing visual images for surveillance purposes". Surely this must bring in Safety Cameras and if so then HMG have to appoint a Chief Surveillance Commissioner AND a Code of Practice which will have Statutory Authority.

Whilst S92 creates a Bumboys Charter......

dvd

The screw is turning on private parking. - Bromptonaut

I'm sorry but the last line of the OP is grossly offensive.

S92 deals with 'disregarding' various activivties between consenting men which were, in less liberal times, illegal.

What's the problem with that DVD?

Isn't it rather tragic that a whole generation lived in shame, in some cases to the point of suicide (Alan Turing), for sometihng as harmless as their sexual orientation?

Edited by Bromptonaut on 03/05/2012 at 17:00

The screw is turning on private parking. - Avant

Thanks very much DVD for bringing us up to date.

Sorry - I'm being thick or just back home late (12.30 am) but I can't see the connection between parking and sexual orientation!