Suzuki Swift - Parking ticket advice, permit zone - treeryder

Im for the UK and got a ticket in a permit zone, but had a ticket for pay and display can i get any advice on how to handled this, ive got a mock up of a letter and ill post some pics of the signs, any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Richard

Address:
Mobile:
Home:
E-mail:

Sub: An appeal letter for parking ticket*

Ref: Penalty Charge Notice No ********* issued on 23/02/2012
Vehicle Registration No.: ***********

Dear Sir,
I was surprised to find a Penalty Charge Notice pasted on my car even after I had paid for a display ticket. I was not aware of the fact that I had parked my vehicle in a permit holder bay where pay and display tickets were not valid.
I did not see the permit sign as there was only one, and the view of it was very restrictive, with very little distance from it and the normal parking zones, and also there was a van parked in front of the sign restricting my view.
As soon as I got the ticket that was outside the town hall where I was attending training for my job as a support worker for disabled adults, I went to appeal in the council offices next to the town hall, I was told that I would hear back from them in two weeks but never did in till I got a letter on the 12/4/12. I was told during my appeal that the price of the ticket would be suspended at 35 pounds in till I heard back from you, but instead got a letter with the upped charge of 70 pounds.
I will include pictures I've taken to support my appeal with the ticket I bought on the day, thought the lady at the desk when I made an appeal made a photo copy of it.
I would appreciate your gesture of good will if you could accept my appeal and kindly waive the charge.
Thank you.*
Sincerely yours,*
Richard"

www.flickr.com/photos/79016217@N07/

Edited by treeryder on 13/04/2012 at 17:08

Suzuki Swift - Parking ticket advice, permit zone - skidpan

If you parked illegally pay the fine and get on with life.

Don't think the type of car affects the crime.

Suzuki Swift - Parking ticket advice, permit zone - treeryder

Would really apriciate some advice instead of trolling, if you have noting kind to say, stay off my post.

Suzuki Swift - Parking ticket advice, permit zone - skidpan

Would really apriciate some advice instead of trolling, if you have noting kind to say, stay off my post.

I was giving advice and not as you call "trolling" whatever that is.

Read the rest of the posts, they all say the same.

I repeat my original sentiments, pay up, you have illegally parked.

Suzuki Swift - Parking ticket advice, permit zone - bonzo dog

Hi Treeryder, I've got a daughter who occasionally asks for advice. Unfortunately sometimes that advice is not what she wants to hear & she goes into a bit of a strop ....... but then she is only eight!

I have to admit that I find your arguement is completely at odds with your photos; although it may be that your poor use of English has not helped.

You appear to be saying that you thought the car park in the photos was a pay & display car park when your photos clearly show it is for "permit holders only".

Constructive & well-meaning advice: If you want the penalty charge dismissed you need to demonstrate convincingly that it was reasonable to assume it was a pay & display car park.

If you are unable to do so then you really have no sensible option but to pay.

Constructive & well-meaning advice: Any attempt to fight the charge through the courts will lead to you having to pay a lot of legal costs with little prospect of success

Edited by bonzo dog on 14/04/2012 at 10:15

Suzuki Swift - Parking ticket advice, permit zone - Bromptonaut

Constructive & well-meaning advice: Any attempt to fight the charge through the courts will lead to you having to pay a lot of legal costs with little prospect of success

No need to resort to the courts, there's a free and completley independent tribunal to handle these sort of appeals. I agree however that on the basis of the photographs the OP's best option is to pay up while the discounted rate still applies.

Suzuki Swift - Parking ticket advice, permit zone - alan1302

So you saw the sign and then ignored it?? If you missed that signage then you possibly need to go to Specasvers...agree with other poster above pay up and move on.

Suzuki Swift - Parking ticket advice, permit zone - Armitage Shanks {p}

OP Says

I did not see the permit sign as there was only one, and the view of it was very restrictive, with very little distance from it and the normal parking zones, and also there was a van parked in front of the sign restricting my view.

Why not say something relevant and helpful?

Suzuki Swift - Parking ticket advice, permit zone - Dwight Van Driver

You have two options.

1. Pay the fine and all done and dusted, or

2. Send the letter in to the Council. They will either accept or issue a Notice of Rejection of your submission. You can then pay or take further to the Parking Adjudicator (free). How to do this will be explained on the Notice. You can then have a further hearing either personally or written by the PA whose decision will be final.

I would tend to agree with the sentiments of other posters that yours is somewhat of a lost cause, but you never know.......

dvd

Suzuki Swift - Parking ticket advice, permit zone - thunderbird

Why is it that when people get a ticket all they want to do is to avoid paying.

As the others say pay the fine, its not worth the hassle.

Suzuki Swift - Parking ticket advice, permit zone - RT

I have a simple philosophy for life, I try to abide by all rules and regulations - but being human I sometimes get it wrong - when I do, I appeal to the goodwill of the "authority" but if that fails I simply accept my penalty and get on with the rest of my life.

The OP seems to have appealed the ticket, as I would, but can't accept that the appeal has been turned down. Like others I can see no grounds for taking this further.